New Release OGLAClient 100608 (Second Tuesday edition)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
All settings enabled, exept stereo, terrain multilight, multilight. Using raytraced atmosphere
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5862163/orbug0.png

Multilight off, with same settings, after rotating the camera for random directions:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5862163/orbug1.png
atmosphere only appears with standard render

radeon hd 3870 catalyst 10.6

Does everyone with a 3870 have this problem, because I get the same results?

Artlav: It might be prudent to start several poles in order to determine what bugs are related to what hardware.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Artlav, I have a suggestion for a new feature in a future version of OGLA. I posted it in the Orbiter 2010 forum as a new feature request here: http://orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=484 however seeing as OGLA supports multiple light sources, it would be great to implement this in OGLA. I think it would greatly add to the realism of Orbiter.
There's already Earthlight, which is sort of what you mean.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
For which Orbiter-Version is this version made? Does it work with the newest beta?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Artlav, looks like martin is catching up to you in graphics capability:http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showpost.php?p=196782&postcount=355

Seen it.
That's why i'm no longer working on OGLAClient - it's obsolete.

-The multilight is in the core
-The terrain is in the Orulex 2010
-The normal&light mapping had never been used
-The shadows suck FPS whichever mode you pick
-Lv9+ textures suck FPS like so many leeches
-Raytraced haze sucks money, needing top-of-the-line GPU
-No one cares about potential Linux portability
-Finally, not a single add-on with OGLA features were made in the last few months after the release, but several great ones were made for the practically identical core feature that is not even released yet. Why bother? I've made one Sdvig before, why should i repeat my mistakes?

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I thought another advantage of OGLA was the ability to do higher resolutions for multi-monitor views.:confused:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Seen it.
That's why i'm no longer working on OGLAClient - it's obsolete.
So what are you working on, spaceway? (check the feature requests i saw something pop up)

Seen it.
-Finally, not a single add-on with OGLA features were made in the last few months after the release.
A few of my solar systems support OGLA terrain. (Xexina, Neutron star system, and the Gliese 581 Optimized)

Last edited:

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
- No one cares about potential Linux portability

<_<
>_>

ANYWAYS, I recommend that you make a OGLA Light version before you give up completely, not all of us get good frame rates off the default graphics client. or you could start making a DX9 version (well, it wouldn't be OGLA, but it would be quite nice).

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
It's his addon, if he really doesn't feel like working on it any longer he has no real reason to do so :thumbup:, and how would this "OGLA Light" version work?

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
whoops, sorry about that Lingofreak, I edited that post to avoid potential ban (it could be misinterpreted).

OGLA light would just be a striped down OGLA, so that older computers and linux users can run orbiter with decent frame-rates.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Anyway, Orulex 2010 is an ambitious, advanced project on it's own, no ? I don't think that Martins is going to "beat" you soon on this one ;)

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
and how would this "OGLA Light" version work?
Lot's of light i suppose? Bright light.
Like, a pure white rectangle.
Easy.

On a serious note, that was all sarcasm of course.
I'm not actively developing OGLA right now for various other projects i cycle around over time, but i'm not planning on abandoning it for good.

As for the lite version, Cinder, have you noticed the F7 menu? You could turn off pretty much any of the features to a point it would work nicely over a software renderer in Remote Desktop link.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
"Beat"? Since when were Artlav and Martin in competition with each other?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, that was not the appropriated word, sorry for my limited knowledge of english ;)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
whoops, sorry about that Lingofreak, I edited that post to avoid potential ban (it could be misinterpreted).

Actually, if it weren't for a misbehaving computer / internet connection, I doubt my own comment would have been up long enough for you to have seen it. I changed it as soon as I saw you had changed yours, but I was stupid and trusted my computer to post when I told it to post. I hit "post", walked away for a few hours, and came back to a 404... :compbash:

OGLA light would just be a striped down OGLA, so that older computers and linux users can run orbiter with decent frame-rates.

I find my Linux machine actually manages the full OGLAClient with framerates comparable to Windows.