Important Orbiter Forum Migration to XenForo

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I've created support forums for both OF and OHM. Both categories contain 2 forums:
  • bugs
  • feature requests
I don't think I need to explain what goes where. If you're not sure if it's a problem/bug/feature, you can post a question in the bug category, and prefix is with the question prefix :)
As isn't either so I'll ask it here ;): I noticed that the New Posts page URL is counting up each time I refresh it.... is it normal? Will it eventually overflow?
Also, those new threads don't show up in the New Posts page...

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
As isn't either so I'll ask it here ;): I noticed that the New Posts page URL is counting up each time I refresh it.... is it normal? Will it eventually overflow?

There are various clean-up jobs running at night. Lets keep an eye out what happens in a couple of days ;)

Also, those new threads don't show up in the New Posts page...

You mean threads in the support forum? That's by design, as covered in the sticky threads. Can always change this if wanted, of course.

Reactions: GLS

Michkov

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working in roughly the same vein as the vB forum, I even got 3 participation trophies on login :D. If we could get the Apollo theme ported over at some point that would be grand.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Thanks for migration the Orbiter Forum to a modern platform!

One question: Would it be possible to have a more compact layout through a skin?
I'd prefer less white space but a more condensed view, especially on the home page.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Whenever I lurk around the forum, I always get the notification at the bottom-right quadrant that the XenForo migration is complete. Also, it no longer show the country flags.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Whenever I lurk around the forum, I always get the notification at the bottom-right quadrant that the XenForo migration is complete. Also, it no longer show the country flags.

You should be able to dismiss that popup and it shouldn't come back if you do.

What country flags?

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
It should be dismissable indeed, but the pop-up will be disabled a week after the migration anyway.
The country flags were VB specific. I'm not sure if there's a lot of interest in bringing it back? We'll have to see if that's possible anyway ;)

As for the smaller layout; there are various themes available right now (just not all of them are OF themed), did you checked these? We'll want more themes in the future (the Apollo one, for example!), but we didn't want to wait any longer to do the migration.

Today I'm going to implement the shoutbox/chatbox feature again. Standby...

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The country flags were VB specific. I'm not sure if there's a lot of interest in bringing it back? We'll have to see if that's possible anyway ;)

As for the smaller layout; there are various themes available right now (just not all of them are OF themed), did you checked these? We'll want more themes in the future (the Apollo one, for example!), but we didn't want to wait any longer to do the migration.

I really think that the most pressing issue is OHM. People are unable to login frequently and the search is partly broken. It is a backbone of the Orbiter community, being the number one addon repository everybody goes to. In that light, I'm happy to see the migration - which was communicated as a prerequisite to a better OHM experience - being done so quickly. I'd be more than happy to lose country flags for this.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I really think that the most pressing issue is OHM. People are unable to login frequently and the search is partly broken. It is a backbone of the Orbiter community, being the number one addon repository everybody goes to. In that light, I'm happy to see the migration - which was communicated as a prerequisite to a better OHM experience - being done so quickly. I'd be more than happy to lose country flags for this.

OHM authentication is the next thing on my list to address. The search will take a bit more fixing, but basic functions like this will be addressed in the next few days.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Another problem I found is that I cannot change my -onaut status.