Orbiter in your life

Messierhunter

Reaction score
I wish Orbiter had been around when I was growing up. I had a friend who loved space simulators. After I showed him the old Virgin Games Space Shuttle simulator he was hooked. We would take turns throwing the switches with the mouse, with one of us throwing the switches the commander would throw, and the other throwing the pilot's switches according to the checklist. Yeah, incredibly nerdy, but it's the best we could do without a simpit.

He was the one who introduced me to Microsoft Space Simulator. He had the CD version and he was kind enough to give me his voucher for the floppy disc version since he didn't need it. I had initially shied away from it as it wasn't a "hard" simulator of the shuttle the way Virgin's was, but the idea of being able to simulate multiple worlds, and flights to mars in particular, appealed to me. I really wanted to be able to do a realtime flight to mars, but the limited tools offered by MSS made that impractical. It was because of MSS though that I found orbiter years later while searching for MSS on the Home of the Underdogs site (the floppy discs having long since gone bad). I instantly realized it was the simulator I wished MSS had been. After high school I lost touch with the friend who introduced me to MSS, which is a shame since I think he would probably enjoy Orbiter as much as I do.

Chub777

Reaction score
For me, it all started when I typed in "space station maker game" on Google. Guess what happened next.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
So last evening my GF came over to me to have dinner, and while waiting for her I was fiddling with some orbits and such.
A bit later I showed her a beautiful screen of a Earth red sunrise, as seen from the external view. The DG was in the foreground, black against the dawn.

She stared at the screen for 5 seconds, then she asked me: "...what is that black pyramid?".

:rofl: