Gaming Origin is offering Dead Space 1 for free

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For those of you who enjoy playing the occasional video game, you can get the original Dead Space for free at the moment. No catch, just download it and it's yours. The offer may be rescinded at any time, so if interested, I would grab it now.

The original Dead Space was an awesome game. I rarely play a game through to completion, but I played Dead Space from start to finish twice, and even started it again a third time - but didn't finish (because I chose the hardest difficulty the third time, and it was too much for me.)

http://www.origin.com/en-us/store/on-the-house-ANW.html

Mouse over the Dead Space graphic on the lower left and a button will appear that says "Get It Now"

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aw, man. I just bought that like a week ago. Ah well, I've still managed to evade Origin (it was also still a good deal.)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't need another game....I don't need another game....

Interceptor

Reaction score
Where there is a little catch,you have to register,and use there game loader,but hell it's free.Thanks for the heads up.

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Where there is a little catch,you have to register,and use there game loader,but hell it's free.Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, that is true. I already have Origin for other games, so I didn't think about that. It's pretty unobtrusive though. Like Steam, I only have it running when I want to play a game from that library. 99% of the time it isn't running, and they don't force you to make it run automatically at boot up.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to avoid Origin so far. They won't catch me with giving away some free games to get more users. Unless there are more than 50% of games I'd like to play there which aren't available without Origin launcher attached, I won't touch it. :p

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Origin at least has a decent support system, and a nice refund policy (unlike Steam)...

Pablo49

Reaction score
Origin got me with SimCity (whoops). That said, because of SimCity I got MassEffect 3 for free and now I picked this up. Unsure when I will get to those two games, if ever. My steam backlog is bad enough.

You used to be able to launch origin from steam and then your games from origin to get the steam overlay to work, but that makes SimCity crash now, I am not sure how that works on other titles.