New Release Poderosa mission

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
PODEROSA MISSION

The "Poderosa" is the first Italian designed single seat capsule. Its maiden flight will take place on February 10, 2016 with launch from the Kourou Space Center and subsequent docking to the International Space Station for a seven day stay. Undocking and reentry will take place on February 17, 2016 with splashdown occurring in Italian national waters, in the Adriatic Sea.

Here's the presentation pic:
addons10.jpg

Here's some pictures from the mission:
allign.JPGFiammecab.JPGSeparation.JPGParacaduti.JPG

Now avaiable on Orbit Hangar!

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4133"]Poderosa Mission - Missione Poderosa[/ame]

For questions and support please go to
http://orbiteritalia.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Last edited:

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
Looks kinda like a Gemini capsule put on top of an Ares-1. Which is amazing. Can't wait for this one. Good luck

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Very cool ! A good single seat realistic capsule would be a of great bennifit to the current space program.

Just occured to me, an Italian launch site would be a great addition for this add on.

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
What specific location in Italy would you suggest? Maybe somewhere in Sicily or Calabria perhaps?

The Aviator

Reaction score
I would suggest Sicily because is the extreme south point of Italy (and Europe) and - of course - is close to me! :p
A good location for a launch site should be "Capo Passero", the south-east end of the island, so in an abort eventuality the capsule could perform a splashdown.

Ark

Reaction score
I like it. Very nice VC, and it's cool to have a little capsule that isn't stone-age Mercury tech.

Puma

Reaction score
ERROR REPORT

I get this :

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: DynamicPlanet
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 248]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

do any one knows how to solve it ?

Ark

Reaction score
I get this :

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: DynamicPlanet
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 248]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

do any one knows how to solve it ?

Go into the scenario file and delete the DynamicPlanet ship and the whole "BEGIN MESHLAND" section. When he made the scenario files he had Orulex active, and you don't.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Orbiter forum italia developers are talking about a Poderosa Lunar Lander Mission! So enjoy the current single seat Poderosa version and wait for the first italian step on the Moon!

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
For a regular install ( not a clean, stripped down , no other add ons ) you should be aware that if you have the CTV done by Well -No Matter, the capsule mesh WILL cause an overwrite.

Ark

Reaction score
For a regular install ( not a clean, stripped down , no other add ons ) you should be aware that if you have the CTV done by Well -No Matter, the capsule mesh WILL cause an overwrite.

Phew, glad I didn't install it to my regular Orbiter folder, I would have been rather cross at having one of my favorite vehicles overridden. Fausto, you best be fixing that. :lol:

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I tried finding a solution myself by changing the mesh file name and its referance in the other files but I have missed something. Everytime I go for re-entry and jettison the service module section, the Poderosa capsule gets replaced by the Aries. :p