OHM Project Gemini

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Except that the first and second j press from Gemini jettisons an astronaut. THEN you get to jettison the service module.

Sure, you can attach them back to their seats so they don't float away.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Not for me. I can only jettison an astronaut by hitting 'A', then 'Shift + 4 or 6' followed by 'shift+ numpad zero'. Hitting 'J' directly does lose the equipment module - honest - I've just tried it!

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
This is one of the best addons on this site. Yes the thrusters need to be moved to the back but other than that really good work. you might think about putting the amu in the back and having the astronaunt fly it on GT 9 and GT 12. The legs of the astronaunt should be covered in grey.
Also I'm looking for someone to do a Skylab B for a fee, drop me an E-mail if you might like to try it. golden-barry@ hotmail,com

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks 4throck,for the info,and I also agree this a very enjoyable addon,the only thing that would be the icing on the cake is that Saturn V would release his recovery addon for project Gemini.:thumbup:

Been away from Orbiter for a LONG time (health issues - hard to sit at a PC for very long anymore). Turned the whole kit & kaboodle over to my brother-in-law (IIRC, he went by TitanII here), but his own health issues have sidelined him as well.

I believe he'd been working with someone here on Ummu/Ucgo compatible helicopters, but I don't have any idea who it was or where they left off.

I would truly like to see the recovery addon finally finished & released, but unless that individual is willing to reach out to me via a PM, I'm afraid that project is dead in the water (if you'll pardon the pun).

BTW, it looks as though the EVA astronaut is not using the mesh released in my EVA upgrade for Gemini 4.5. Looks like the seated astronaut just floated out of his seat...

As oppsed to the "Ed White" mesh in the EVA upgrade...

Honestly not knocking the uploader or trying to be a A-hole, but the launch complex I spent 3 years to get right (with major assistance from 4th Rock) doesn't look anything like it was intended to...

In addition, the textures are much lower quality than what 4th Rock & I used. Below is Launch Complex 19 as we released it...

I don't object to LC19 being used in this addon (quite flattered in fact), but the changes have rendered it less than it was. This is why most developers will indicate the required addons rather than include or change them.

Overall, the addon appears to be a nice effort :thumbup:

Interceptor

Reaction score
So SaturnV is there anyway you could combine this Addon with your beautiful LC19,and it's structures?Oh and I think I know who the person was I will post again after I do some checking First.Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Ok here's the thread you were looking for http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=28644

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

The person you are looking for is gattispilot.

Last edited:

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So SaturnV is there anyway you could combine this Addon with your beautiful LC19,and it's structures?

Probably, but it would take some time to ensure that everything "plays nice together."

Would like to see if the Recovery addon can be completed first. Perhaps then one large, all encompassing Gemini addon upload after making sure the whole package works.

Oh and I think I know who the person was I will post again after I do some checking First.Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Ok here's the thread you were looking for http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=28644

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

The person you are looking for is gattispilot.

Thank you for the info. Does he still frequent this forum? If so, perhaps I can reach out to him. Don't really know what's feasible. As I said earlier, I have NO idea where they left off.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
On my end, count with updated graphics for the VC and some normalmaps for the capsule and Agena.

I'm all for doing a single package with all Gemini add-ons. The first step is to go through them all, see if they are redistributable and when in doubt contact the authors.

Right now I'm using the original LC19 and it works well but the rocket is elevated in relation to the pad.... I think I can correct that if I revert back to the original Titans...

That's what I don't get. Why re-release existing add-ons that worked well and why change them and introduce problems?

(don't get me wrong, I like this add-on and I'm using it, I just think that some time as not well spent in trying to reinvent the wheel)

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm all for doing a single package with all Gemini add-ons. The first step is to go through them all, see if they are redistributable and when in doubt contact the authors.

Right now I'm using the original LC19 and it works well but the rocket is elevated in relation to the pad.... I think I can correct that if I revert back to the original Titans...

That's what I don't get. Why re-release existing add-ons that worked well and why change them and introduce problems?

(don't get me wrong, I like this add-on and I'm using it, I just think that some time as not well spent in trying to reinvent the wheel)

4throck myfriend, how have you been? :cheers:
If you're up doing a single Gemini addon, then I'm in (to the best of my ability).

Sadly, though the screen caps look nice, I can not get this addon to fly. Installed over a clean Orbiter '10 P1. CTD after CTD. Gemini will launch, but CTD at staging. So many error messages, I don't even know where to begin looking for them...

Would probably take several of us to integrate everything properly & I know I can't do it alone. If anybody else is up to the challenge, now would probably be a good time to chime in.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I'm fine thank you! Glad to have you back.

Redoing the Gemini is a major task. I can contribute to it, but will NOT be head of that project. Actually, I think that what we have here just needs to be ironed out. I'll help as I can, probably using Orbiter Wiki to collect the relevant info. For example, are heights and RCS thrust correct? This must be checked if we want to improve upon what we have. Otherwise it will be just another Gemini add-on.

Saturn V, have you ruled out the usual causes for the CTDs? Are you using the latest spacecraft3/multistage .dlls? The add-on comes with them but I didn't overwrite mine, so can't say if they are the latest version.
Did you check orbiter.log for missing meshes? Probably you still need the original add-ons like Velcro Titans...
Try to copy sol.cfg to sol1962.cfg. I think I did that to use my standard Canaveral base (that already has the historical pads)...

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, I've checked the log for the usual suspects. The crirtical error that causes the CTD at staging reads thus:

**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .\Meshes\.msh
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetStationCount
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.
>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: Stage
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

Have no idea what is missing.

Need to get it operational before I can see what's involved in consolidating everything.

I'll try to take a look at it a little later & see if I can sort it out.

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
I know what is missing :
- stage.cfg must be in \Config
- multistage2.cfg must be in \Config\multistage
- and stage.dll must be in \Modules

Remark :
- It is better to move RCS-gemini.dds (RCS' texture) in \textures

try, and... tell us if is better...

(I love this add-on) :love: :tiphat:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You may need the updated stage.dll by BrianJ.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I know what is missing :
- stage.cfg must be in \Config
- multistage2.cfg must be in \Config\multistage
- and stage.dll must be in \Modules

Remark :
- It is better to move RCS-gemini.dds (RCS' texture) in \textures

try, and... tell us if is better...

(I love this add-on) :love: :tiphat:

Indeed, that's the ticket. As I mentioned, it's been quite awhile & I'd forgotten about the stage.dll & cfg.

You may need the updated stage.dll by BrianJ.

Yes, I had the updated file in my backups & used that one. Curious that none of this was in the upload...

Seems to be working now though, so I'll see what I can do.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Probably, but it would take some time to ensure that everything "plays nice together."

Would like to see if the Recovery addon can be completed first. Perhaps then one large, all encompassing Gemini addon upload after making sure the whole package works.

Thank you for the info. Does he still frequent this forum? If so, perhaps I can reach out to him. Don't really know what's feasible. As I said earlier, I have NO idea where they left off.
yes, gattispilot is here at the forum very often.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, with just a little bit of tweaking & testing, here's what I got...

Martin's Hi-res KSC tiles and original LC19 installed. Much better IMO.

Corrected height of Titan on the pad as well...

This might be workable with a minimum of fuss after all.

yes, gattispilot is here at the forum very often.

Yes, contacting gattispilot this week will be my next step.

4throck...any chance you're interested in whipping up one of your amazing ground meshes & tetures for LC14?

Interceptor

Reaction score
I am really looking foward to this SaturnV,and am glad to hear you are doing better,welcome back.:tiphat:

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
I'm actually doing some improvement (for the moment only for me) but if I can make something good enough, I will ask the authorization to the author to publish an update.

The author appears to be replicant but I do not know how to contact him ...:hello:

You can look at Dan's forum (yes, it is in french, but just to see few images) :
0031.gif

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=12887.msg195437#new

Just an image:
ub6f.jpg

(excuse my bad english... i'm french...):tiphat:

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was working with Titan? But haven't heard from him in a while. But We had it so you could grap the Ummu from the capsule and load into the copter

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The recovery sequence I began 5 years ago is well beyond the floatation collar.

Spacecraft, collar & raft deployment, new astronaut meshes, new recovery helicopters etc. are all operational...

As are new, high detail recovery carriers...

Just a matter of me contacting gattispilot this week to see about finishing off the Ummu congurations for realitic recovery of the crew.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I was working with Titan? But haven't heard from him in a while. But We had it so you could grap the Ummu from the capsule and load into the copter

Yes, he is my brother-in-law, but I was the originator of most of the meshes he was using (with my blessing).

Would you be interested in working with me to finish the project?