Project Mercury X

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pardon me if I'm butting in, but doesn't the Dragonfly have a 3D sphere in its panel rendered with OpenGL?

I know nothing of most of the terms just stated here, so feel free to strike me with a manual of your choice. :p

estar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, but the new Panel2D interface in Orbiters API works by defining a billboard mesh (constant orientation relative to the camera), with the classic 2D panels being textures of this billboard now.

The Deltaglider example code has quite some interesting stuff in it, I still work myself through this and its options.

Mmmm that does have interesting implications.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Pardon me if I'm butting in, but doesn't the Dragonfly have a 3D sphere in its panel rendered with OpenGL?

I know nothing of most of the terms just stated here, so feel free to strike me with a manual of your choice. :p

That where I got the initial idea from.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Here's my progress on the side panel. The photo is less helpfull there and you can't actually read much of the labels.

painel2.jpg

Urwumpe, I like the HUD ideia :thumbup:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Here's what I came up with in trying to do a globe texture. I couldn't locate any suitable map from that time so I used a modern topographic map and applied the same type of colors. Also I used a similar lat-long grid. I guess that if I add the rivers it might be usable.

map1w.jpg

Just for comparison, here's the original globe:

rjdlb7epiglobe.gif

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Here's a reduced version of the main panel overlays final version. One is the panel background, the other are the buttons. I must make another button overlay for button animations.

painel1back1.jpg

painel1back2.jpg

Urwumpe, how do you want the DDS files? Private message through the forum? Email?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe, how do you want the DDS files? Private message through the forum? Email?

Email, I'll PM the address to you.

I have had some small promising success last week, when experimenting with using a Lua script for defining the electrical systems of it. If I don't get any negative surprises, you could literally change everything except the main bus systems, which would need to be defined as entry points for the simulation.

I don't know if I can do the same flexibility with the life support system.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As soon as it's ready, perhaps? (the question actually ranks second, the top one is "Are we there yet?")

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Somewhere in 2011, I shoved it a bit behind for Soyuz stuff, also the electrics need a bit more testing as expected.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up a necropost/project but I was just wondering if this has been abandoned, or if work is eventually targeting to begin again. From the previous posts it look incredibly promising and I would still be incredibly happy to be able to make use of what appears to have great potential.