Project project sorpendarin- redesigned

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
phobos isent spherical; its in orbiter.
Phobos' properties in Orbiter are spherical, and only its graphical representation (mesh) isn't spherical.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
also im going to have 1000 stars in one mini seed

I'm afraid that's still too much...

phobos isent spherical

What do you know, I never even noticed! :lol: Haven't been there since 2006, looks like 2010 has a native mesh support for planets. That could come in handy for you, yes. And for me... **runs off to make some asteroid meshes for orbiter galaxy**

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
I'm afraid that's still too much...

how about 100, like a normal seed exept with stars not galaxies

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

does anyone whant to help me make this addon?
also who likes this idea

Last edited:

Bill Evans

Reaction score
Hi Sorpenderin,

I'll be happy to help you. Suggest you start by making a 3D model of your spacecraft in Blender. Once you have a rough version, I'll help you post a picture to the forum. I'm presuming you are aiming for making a realistic looking ship. ;)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Most of the problems cleared out? heck no, all we've done so far is a feasibility study. The problems will crop up once you start :lol:

And sorry, no, I'm already quite busy with two projects and a birth, the wife will kill me if I get myself into anything else.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Hi Sorpenderin,

I'll be happy to help you. Suggest you start by making a 3D model of your spacecraft in Blender. Once you have a rough version, I'll help you post a picture to the forum. I'm presuming you are aiming for making a realistic looking ship. ;)

thanks. im realy glad you will help. now i can finaly move into the development stages:):)

and yes, i am going to make a realistic ship

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
i couldent make the ship yet,so i decided to make a galaxy instead.

here is a very bad model of a spiral galaxy:

Attachments

• nothing.jpg
    nothing.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 36

Bill Evans

Reaction score
Well I guess it makes sense that you need a galaxy before you make your ship, and I like your rough galaxy model a lot! Took me a second to get your representation of the spiral arms, and I guess the little dots in the toroid are a few stars to get the idea across. I love it! It will be fun for you to look back in 10 years and see if you can find this post. I imagine you will be a master at Blender and other modeling programs by then if you keep at it.

OK, now I can't wait to see your ship! :cheers:

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Well I guess it makes sense that you need a galaxy before you make your ship, and I like your rough galaxy model a lot! Took me a second to get your representation of the spiral arms, and I guess the little dots in the toroid are a few stars to get the idea across. I love it! It will be fun for you to look back in 10 years and see if you can find this post. I imagine you will be a master at Blender and other modeling programs by then if you keep at it.

OK, now I can't wait to see your ship! :cheers:

thanks:). the ship should be started soon. i hope i can get the ship and galaxy systems done in 6 months,then start working on it more:)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Not to threadjack, but I've always thought that a just a few extra star systems in Orbiter would be neat, say Alpha Centauri, Barnard's Star, and Sirius. It would take many, many hours of real time to get there even at max time warp, but there's no reason the numerical core couldn't be modified to handle it. Besides, there's always the scenario editor:)

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Not to threadjack, but I've always thought that a just a few extra star systems in Orbiter would be neat, say Alpha Centauri, Barnard's Star, and Sirius. It would take many, many hours of real time to get there even at max time warp, but there's no reason the numerical core couldn't be modified to handle it. Besides, there's always the scenario editor:)

i will include those in the first mini seed. but i wanted to make the entire universe. of course it will be mostly fictional but i realy would enjoy to make more systems then just a few close stars.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It'll be difficult to make the entire universe. In the 13 billion light years we can see, there are about 100 billion galaxies out there and each galaxy has on average 100 billion stars.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
It'll be difficult to make the entire universe. In the 13 billion light years we can see, there are about 100 billion galaxies out there and each galaxy has on average 100 billion stars.

some of it is going to be only 2D. most of the planets will just be selected from a planet bank and same thing with the galaxys and stars, althouh some of them will be independent

---------- Post added 03-17-12 at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-16-12 at 08:16 PM ----------

theres been a littlle delay on the ship,it wont be coming as soon as i expected.:thumbsdown: i should work on this a little more,but its not coming as soon.
i was also wondering why evrywon on orbiter fourm likes orbital veicles and dsvs better than intersteller and inergalactic travel

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, Orbiter is meant for travel around the solar system and not for flying around the galaxy. It'll take a significant amount of work to transform it.

The second reason is that it takes a long time to fly from one star system to another, much longer than it takes to fly between planets.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Well, Orbiter is meant for travel around the solar system and not for flying around the galaxy. It'll take a significant amount of work to transform it.

The second reason is that it takes a long time to fly from one star system to another, much longer than it takes to fly between planets.

i am going to ad more time acceleration(1000000000000000x)

Last edited:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Your enthusiasm is noted, but seriously, you're just proposing one unrealistic project after another. If you're really interested in Orbiter and space, why don't you just learn more about it, keep your goals to yourself, and announce stuff when you have an workable concept and a plan to accomplish it, not when you have a faint idea of what you'd like?

i am going to ad more time acceleration(1000000000000000x)

AFAIK this can't be done with an addon, you'd need to modify orbiter core itself (the source code of which isn't openly available). Also, even that kind of time acceleration would be pretty useless for intergalactic travel unless you also implement relativistic time dilation or FTL travel.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Your enthusiasm is noted, but seriously, you're just proposing one unrealistic project after another. If you're really interested in Orbiter and space, why don't you just learn more about it, keep your goals to yourself, and announce stuff when you have an workable concept and a plan to accomplish it, not when you have a faint idea of what you'd like?

AFAIK this can't be done with an addon, you'd need to modify orbiter core itself (the source code of which isn't openly available). Also, even that kind of time acceleration would be pretty useless for intergalactic travel unless you also implement relativistic time dilation or FTL travel.

i dont want FTL travel(to unrealistic) but i think this is possible to make this for orbiter.

i changed my mind, no crazy time accelleration

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

i dont understand why this project is so unexiting. if i had written this about a new spaceplane (XR like) how exited would people be?

Last edited: