Question Prom: Asking a girl

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Absolutely the number one rule is appear confident. This is SOOO important I cannot stress it enough. Also, talk to her a bit at first. And make it seem like if she says no, it's not a big deal. If she senses that she is the only thing in the world that you want it will pressure her and she will be more likely to say no.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Confidence...I can do this!
*slap to the face*
I CANT DO THIS!
:p

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sure you can, and if not you, then, who?
Just talk to her like you would talk to anyone else. And if you think this is tough, wait until you ask a girl to marry you... Sheesh! I was 99.9995% sure of her answer, but that didn't make it any easier.
You are what late 16, 17? Lots of choices to make in your future, I know more than one couple that have been together since that "first date". I'm not saying it's all like Hollywood, but everyone has to start somewhere.
I remember my prom, as some of you younger dudes would say "EPIC FAIL". But I'm still friends with the girl, and actually it was a blessing in disguise. I found out she just wasn't the girl for me.
Back to my Bo Jackson story, we met in '92 and have (for all practical purposes) on a honeymoon ever since.

Last edited:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
If any of you remember, there was this one girl I tried asking to the 8th grade end-of-year dance, but she was going with someone else (one of my past friends). Last December, I found out she had broken up with her boyfriend, and asked her to be my girlfriend. About a week later, she said no. I think I'm going to be single for a while.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Confidence...I can do this!
*slap to the face*
I CANT DO THIS!
:p
JUST GO FOR IT PANSY

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Hm...how about laser tag for a first date?
Exciting, fun, and we can talk about it after-wards

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If any of you remember, there was this one girl I tried asking to the 8th grade end-of-year dance, but she was going with someone else (one of my past friends). Last December, I found out she had broken up with her boyfriend, and asked her to be my girlfriend. About a week later, she said no. I think I'm going to be single for a while.
Nothing wrong with being single. IMO, if you're not happy being single, you won't be happy being in a relationship.

Hm...how about laser tag for a first date?
Exciting, fun, and we can talk about it after-wards
Not a bad idea at all!

Spicer

Reaction score
Laser tag is a great idea! After, grab something to eat. It'll give you a chance to talk. You can do it!

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
And what helps is that i actually have money!
But would Lasertag and dinner be to much for a first date?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And what helps is that i actually have money!
But would Lasertag and dinner be to much for a first date?
Depends. Laser tag isn't usually something that you can do for very long.

If you go with that, it should be a low-key dinner, not someplace fancy.

If you think it may be too much though, go for like ice cream or shakes or something.

Spicer

Reaction score
Yea, someplace informal, like a Friday's or Applebee's would be a great place. Pizza is a good idea, if you know a nicer pizza place. Any place would be fine. Have fun! It's a great idea cause the whole thing is a fun, no pressure date! You'll do fine. No worries!

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I'm apparently the first woman to post in this thread (edit: not), so I'd just like to take the opportunity to question the wisdom of asking about this issue on a physics/spaceflight simulation forum.

If you're just going to ask her without any prior contact, the best advice is to look coherent and not stutter. It's a simple question with a one bit semi-random answer group.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
When I need to put my self in a situation which might be uncomfortable such as being interviewed or asking a girl out(which i really should do), I make algorithm charts.
I know it sounds over the top nerdy, but hey, you asked for girl advice in a space flight simulator forum. just kidding this is one of the most frendialy and infiormative forums that i have ever seen.
But back to algorithm charts, just make a chart of possible questions, answers, and conversation flow paterns.

One last thing this is the highest female to male posting ratio i have ever seen, i think that it has to do with a large number of members being american, and some dumb american sterotypes, but thats OT.

Good Luck Bro.

If you never ask her, she will never say yes; if you do ask you have something like an 80% chance of her saying yes, asking is always the best choice.

Its all in the Game Theory.

Matt

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
so I'd just like to take the opportunity to question the wisdom of asking about this issue on a physics/spaceflight simulation forum.

Its a friendly community. I've talked enough about this girl to my friends. Time to get some fresh input

When I need to put my self in a situation which might be uncomfortable such as being interviewed or asking a girl out(which i really should do), I make algorithm charts.
I know it sounds over the top nerdy, but hey, you asked for girl advice in a space flight simulator forum. just kidding this is one of the most frendialy and infiormative forums that i have ever seen.
But back to algorithm charts, just make a chart of possible questions, answers, and conversation flow paterns.
Lol, I've thought about doing that. And I think I might.
So, this is how things are gonna go (hopefully):
Tomorrow, I'll see what people she's talking to, and then strike up a conversation with them, and attempt to find out if she has a boyfriend/significant other. If not, then i'll ask if they know if she likes me. If yes, I'll then ask her to stay a little bit after Math class, and ask her out to laser tag/dinner sometime. If she says yes, I'll ask for her number.
Later, i'll call her and try to plan out a date and time we can go to Laser tag and the dinner. Then, i'll gauge her reaction/enjoyment for both of the "Events". If she seemed to enjoy it, i'll ask her to prom with some flowers.

*pants*
Thats gonna take some ballz

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
*pants*
Here, take these
Jumbo_Tennis_Balls.jpg

Tommy

Reaction score
I'll recommend against asking her friends too many questions - she may decide you are a creepy stalker type. It also can make you appear insecure since you aren't asking her directly.

You may have noticed that the biggest jerks seem to do well with women, and it's not because women like jerks. It's because the jerks don't worry whether or not a girl likes them (they simply assume they do), they just ask. This makes them appear confident, and most people (of either sex) find confidence attractive. There's also the possibility that they end up with jerks because the nice guys are too chicken to try.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Its a friendly community. I've talked enough about this girl to my friends. Time to get some fresh input

Lol, I've thought about doing that. And I think I might.
So, this is how things are gonna go (hopefully):
Tomorrow, I'll see what people she's talking to, and then strike up a conversation with them, and attempt to find out if she has a boyfriend/significant other. If not, then i'll ask if they know if she likes me. If yes, I'll then ask her to stay a little bit after Math class, and ask her out to laser tag/dinner sometime. If she says yes, I'll ask for her number.
Later, i'll call her and try to plan out a date and time we can go to Laser tag and the dinner. Then, i'll gauge her reaction/enjoyment for both of the "Events". If she seemed to enjoy it, i'll ask her to prom with some flowers.

*pants*

First off, with the algorithms thing...I do something very similar, just in my head though (I don't write it down). I don't handle surprises very well, so it definitely helps to have a response ready for a good variety of possible actions she could take. It's easier once you've gotten to know a person,
too.

Also:
dangerous_to_go_alone.jpg

No seriously. Chicks dig kittens.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got it all in hand, nice work! Btw, I would go easy on the gifts when you get around to asking her to prom. A flower is probably all you'll want to do, though I personally never brought anything with me when asking girls to dances. You just don't want to appear as if you're trying to buy your way to a date, that's all. :) (Btw, other opinions on this? I assume it could be seen multiple ways.)

Good luck! :D

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
yeah, i'd just buy her one flower. Its sweet

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Please let us know what happens and good luck! :cheers:

EJ316