Question Prom: Asking a girl

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Well, I came here mainly because of a couple reasons:
-It has both adults and children, so I can get advice from all ages
-I have friends here
-Its a nice community

Last time I asked for this advice, people were like "Become a hermit", "Dont go to prom, play WoW instead", "Prom sucks", etc, etc

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
-OR-

Pick a new girl to go to the prom with and ask her. Not every girl will have a date and it seems your only problem was that she already did.

(Trust me, there's more than one good looking girl around)

Good Luck!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
-OR-

Pick a new girl to go to the prom with and ask her. Not every girl will have a date and it seems your only problem was that she already did.

(Trust me, there's more than one good looking girl around)

Good Luck!
Fair point. Didn't you mention that you had a friend-girl? Why not take her (with being clear that it's just as friends)?

Trust me, it'll be a lot more fun to go with at least one person you know than to go totally alone. Even better is if you go with a group, but w/e.

Alternately, you could just sit home and play WoW. It's cheaper, that's for sure. It also won't break up with you or get mad if you play other games without first cancelling your account.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
lol
I'm definitly going with a group, but stag. And, the reason I'm not gonna go with my friend-girl is because she likes me, I dont like her, and I dont want to lead her on.

And, about more then 1 good looking girl...yes, that is true, but you have to realize that 50% of the girls in my school are sluts, so they arent good looking to me.

Eagle

Reaction score
lol
I'm definitly going with a group, but stag. And, the reason I'm not gonna go with my friend-girl is because she likes me, I dont like her, and I dont want to lead her on.

And, about more then 1 good looking girl...yes, that is true, but you have to realize that 50% of the girls in my school are sluts, so they arent good looking to me.
Yeah, its best not to lead on your friend-girl.

Statistically there should be at least another girl who is just as good looking, not a slut, and possibly available. Keep your eyes open for her and make sure you're not infatuated with the last one. Its easy to become infatuated and see only one girl. Just be aware of your emotions.

Nothing wrong with going stag though. A surprising number of girls will be going to the prom stag as well.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Statistically there should be at least another girl who is just as good looking, not a slut, and possibly available. Keep your eyes open for her and make sure you're not infatuated with the last one. Its easy to become infatuated and see only one girl. Just be aware of your emotions.

Nothing wrong with going stag though. A surprising number of girls will be going to the prom stag as well.
Because "good looking" is totally the only quality that matters?

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score

You're right, there is: My ex. :p

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Yup... It's prom man... not a date, or a "I want to get to know you better"... Like mentioned previously, it's an event, with a payload of people, who are all there to have a good time. The girl in this case is a fashion accessory between the car and the front doors. After that, it's one big shin dig inside with your friends and hers, and no-one is really with anyone until those last two slow songs come on lol...

And I'm not taking a dig at the girls here, works both ways. Some peeps who are already together and going together are there together... the rest needed someone to show up with...

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I went 'stag' as it were to my prom (we call it a formal). I didn't go with a group of friends but i did have an amazing time... i danced with whoever i wanted to, kicked off my shoes (heels are torture devices) and sang along (badly) to the songs.

In retrospect i had a better time going on my own than with anyone else. It meant i didn't have to stay with either my group or my 'date' (not that i would have dated any of them...not geeky enough).

Eagle

Reaction score
Honestly, if I'm not attracted to her physically, what does it matter if she has a good personality?

Besides, when you first meat someone all you have are looks and body language. If she passes the first test (and my expectations aren't unreasonable) you go for the conversation to see if she's mildly interesting.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
lol

I feel you. A lot of girls that are good looking are whores. That makes you unattracted to them by far. So keep doing what you are doing. You could go with your "friend-girl", but just have fun. Don't make it seem like you are looking for anything more than your friendship you have with her. You are making it seem more difficult than it is. Lol. :cheers:

dmc

Reaction score
Im also having a problem with Prom myself. I didnt think i was gonna be going until a few days ago when I heard this girl liked me and I thought she was cute so I asked her to prom. She said yes :speakcool:. So Prom is this coming up Saturday and I can NOT dance :sos: lol. The reason for this is im a "headbanger". I dont really listen to hip hop and dancing music that much. Not cause I dont like it, because I do like it, but I just rather listen to metal and sub-genres.

My question is how do people really "dance" now and days at prom? do they just move their bodys to the beat as non stupidly as possible? or does doing it as stupidly as possible work? If there are women here, do girls care how good a guy can dance or do they just want to have fun? Should I just practice moving to a beat in front of a mirror and not look stupid? Or should I do that and try for more advanced moves also? As you can see im kinda worried about this. Basically the only thing im worried about.

Thx for any help,
And Extra Thanks for any help from any girls.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been to a club in years. But I remember a girl dragging me onto a dance floor, I told her I didn't want to make a fool of myself and her reply went along the lines of "...if you can sing to it, you can dance to it...". She was hot, I was with her, so, OK.
Really, dancing is kind of about letting yourself go all loose and having fun. You should see many different styles out on the floor, anything from an easy sway from side-to-side, to flailing limbs. Just have fun with it.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Go with the flow of the song. Just don't mind to much attention to everyone else.

dmc

Reaction score
Yea. I guess I kinda had all this in the back of my head. I just needed other people to reassure it. Hopefully it would be too crowded to dance good anyways. lol

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
You better hope thereis a lot of slow dance songs because those are easy. Lol. Good luck to you though. Even if you come off the dance floor looking like a mess, you can leave it with pride knowing that you had the guts to get this far, and you have a girl.