Humor Random Comments Thread

Frilock

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I hate football because it delayed the return of the X-Files.

Which is awesome! God I missed that show.

How was it? I actually ended up missing it getting some chores done.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good re-start. Seeing the old characters and their actors was fun and the story moved along pretty quick.

And it doesn't look like the Bills will be winning any Superbowls for a while (old X-Files fans know why!).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The first semifinal shown here was pretty good, quite enjoyed it last night. Not the best performance by new England and the final score did not really show how much Denver dominated. But at least the final minutes had been quite exciting.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

In case somebody missed it, like most of the world...

RIP Jimmy Bain

He was bassist for Rainbow and Dio, and had been involved in some of the best Heavy Metal Albums ever.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wait a damn minute...X-Files is back?!

Dude, what channel, what channel?:cheers:

Fox, of course. IIRC this was the show that put Fox in the big leagues with the Big 3.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

In case somebody missed it, like most of the world...

RIP Jimmy Bain

He was bassist for Rainbow and Dio, and had been involved in some of the best Heavy Metal Albums ever.

Learned something surprising about Bain: he played bass on the Scorpions' Love At First Sting album and turned down (or was denied by management) a full membership in the band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Bain

When I was growing up I always assumed I was hearing Francis Buccholz playing bass on that record!

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
My ideas for the new Orbiter:
5oa8jd3zcqmyed46g.jpg

2s1d1suijh8cv7u6g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ta2vg7qqco258/New_graphics

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
85 people died in Taiwan this month because temperatures dropped to -1°C ... mostly in their own houses. :huh:

Hard to imagine here.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
-1 C is a typical February morning where I live--it wouldn't be any fun, especially in your house, but I don't see how it kills you unless you are over 75.

That may be the demographic that is dying. The elderly often don't have great ability to regulate their temperature, and thermal extremes are extremely stressful. Hours at -1 C when you have no place or means to get warm is a recipe for hypothermia, even for young healthy people. How many in Taiwan have proper winter clothing?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
That may be the demographic that is dying. The elderly often don't have great ability to regulate their temperature, and thermal extremes are extremely stressful. Hours at -1 C when you have no place or means to get warm is a recipe for hypothermia, even for young healthy people. How many in Taiwan have proper winter clothing?

Those are some good points.

But...damn...people in Southeast Asia make the coats we use in North America:blink:

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am officially Interrupting this Conversation very abruptly, rudely, and pointlessly, and am hereby subject to being called a Very Annoying Person(s).