Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There is a strong warning of potential heavy thunderstorms and tornadoes for the states Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska for tomorrow, be careful.

The tornado season in Germany started officially today with the first photograph of a tornado with ground contact near Warnemünde.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And the next musician bites the dust... this time Wolfgang "Wölli" Rohde, year-long drummer of the German punk rock band "Die Toten Hosen". He died of cancer.

Last edited:

steph

Reaction score
soo..a few hours into a two day bus trip and my tablet's touchscreen goes insane everytime I plug in the charger (they have power outlets,220v suposedly). this is gonna be fun

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
soo..a few hours into a two day bus trip and my tablet's touchscreen goes insane everytime I plug in the charger (they have power outlets,220v suposedly). this is gonna be fun

Metal casing? I solved this disassembling the tablet and covering the PCB near the charger socket with insulation tape.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:rofl:
Wife asked me what was wrong with me as I watched that. The arm wiggles was a nice touch.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
VFY6zvM.gif

Here's a good gif to cry over.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
It's the M1 Garand. If the bolt doesn't lock properly, or if you try and load it incorrectly (or if you shove your thumb in there on purpose like the guy in the gif), the bolt will slam forward and hurt like hell. It's a self-teaching rifle, really.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's the M1 Garand. If the bolt doesn't lock properly, or if you try and load it incorrectly (or if you shove your thumb in there on purpose like the guy in the gif), the bolt will slam forward and hurt like hell. It's a self-teaching rifle, really.

Ah, that explains it. I had never seen this from close, I could only tell that the mechanism lacks a lot of the sophistication of later rifles.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Didn't want to stray too far off topic in the Election thread in the Basement...so I figured I'd be an ass here :D

ADSWNJ said:
Whilst the Constitution expressly forbids a national religion, the whole point was to allow the free expression of religion in each state according to their plenary powers and thr 10th Amendment. So if, for example, Mississippi wants be more supportive of southern Baptist Christianity, and Utah the same for Mormonism, then that's fine by me.

Religious Unity -1.00
Utah Province gains Local Unrest +5.00
Mississippi Province gains Local Unrest +5.00

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not sure if guitarist nightmare or or Miku guitarist heaven.

* Pipcard please don't kill me.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

When charging the internal magazine of an M-1 you push the 8-round stripper clip in from the top with your right thumb, using the edge of your right hand to hold back the charging handle so that when the last round pushes the magazine follower down and the bolt is released, you don't catch your thumb in the chamber like the poor devil in that gif.

What result when you do it wrong is a condition known as "M-1 Thumb".

The M-14 rifle, which is based on the M-1, uses a detachable box magazine so you can avoid this situation, however when the magazine is inserted and you are in a hurry, you can still charge it with a stripper clip and still get M1 Thumb if you fail.

The Ruger Mini 30 and Mini 14 carbine rifles use a similar design bolt; it's actually a very good, robust design. Tougher and more reliable than that used on the AR-15/M-16 family of firearms, but not as light weight.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I love the way you can stick cartoon eyes on anything...

https://gfycat.com/HandyCleverAustralianshelduck

Reminds me of this: http://www.hulu.com/watch/16417

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Another thing to watch out for on the Garand (and M-1 Carbine also and all that derive from them). The fingertips of the left hand can be caught in the mechanism; it really depends on how you hold the rifle.

There's some Mini14 haters out there, but I think the problems they cite are solved with the new barrels. Plus they now have higher capacity magazines (something Bill Ruger never wanted to release).

I like when Hollywood gets it right regarding the Garand. The distinctive sound the N-Bloc clip makes when it's ejected is either missing, or the foley guy gets it completely wrong.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In 3 hours I'll have that baby:

Jackson-JS12-Dinky-2015-Metallic-Blue1.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Nice one, tell me how it sounds. :thumbup:

I fetched my Thomann catalog from the mail a few minutes, so many nice things to buy, so little money. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I had a Jackson Kelly with basically the same setup. It was a good guitar, but I never realised how outstanding a guitar it could be until I sold it to a friend and he put in decent pickups.