Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
If you look for a way to make old sailors blush: Let them listen to the curses of programmers who are forced by :censored: bean :censored: counter mother :censored: to develop a large C application on a remote IDE via X11 forwarding over terribly overloaded switches. :beathead:. Right now I am typing in 30 second leaps... type word, wait, wait, wait, check for typos, next word.... :rant:

Having a MBA is no fix for lacking a brain! :facts:

Why not type a line in a local text editor, copypaste it into the remote IDE window, work on the next line while you wait, and so on?

As for MBAs and lack of a brain, I thought it was sort of a by-definition thing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why not type a line in a local text editor, copypaste it into the remote IDE window, work on the next line while you wait, and so on?

As for MBAs and lack of a brain, I thought it was sort of a by-definition thing.

Already tried it, but does not help much. Even switching to vim is only reducing the effort on one end, but makes searching the many code files much harder.

Also, the time problems also apply to using SQL queries on a console to verify that the software does correctly persist.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Of laughter; really us English as a primary language people are known by some of the Spanish as a primary language people to be kind of prudish when it comes to blue language.
I dated a girl from Panama for a while (nice girl it just didn't work out) who thought it was kind of funny that we considered the "F word" to be foul. You know how many different ways you can say it in Spanish? There's like a dozen or something... It's just another word in the inventory as far as she was concerned.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Hope no one bought the new DOOM at launch (one month ago). It's already 40% off for the Steam Summer Sale! Praise be to Lord Gaben!

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
And Stellaris only 10% off, dammit. On the other hand, Assetto Corsa might be interesting. Or I could save up a bit since I've been weak pre-ordered DCS: World's F-5E module.

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
And Stellaris only 10% off, dammit. On the other hand, Assetto Corsa might be interesting. Or I could save up a bit since I've been weak pre-ordered DCS: World's F-5E module.

YES to the Stellaris thing! That's at the top of my wishlist and I'm so disappointed its only 10% off.
I bought Assetto Corsa long ago but really haven't played it much. I don't remember the Career mode being as exciting for me as something like Forza, but the developers have done countless huge updates so who knows. Still, I think it's overall quite good as a racing sim, quite lacking as a racing game.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Of laughter; really us English as a primary language people are known by some of the Spanish as a primary language people to be kind of prudish when it comes to blue language.
I dated a girl from Panama for a while (nice girl it just didn't work out) who thought it was kind of funny that we considered the "F word" to be foul. You know how many different ways you can say it in Spanish? There's like a dozen or something... It's just another word in the inventory as far as she was concerned.

Yeah - at least Mexican Spanish knows quite many synonyms for it....

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
YES to the Stellaris thing! That's at the top of my wishlist and I'm so disappointed its only 10% off.

I bought it, and it's still got a way to go. There's a lot of potential in that game, but appart from a very charming early game, almost none of it has been truly realised so far. So, you should be save waiting for another sale.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I bought it, and it's still got a way to go. There's a lot of potential in that game, but appart from a very charming early game, almost none of it has been truly realised so far. So, you should be save waiting for another sale.

I did see that there are at least three huge updates in the timeline, with the second one (called "Asimov") being released as beta today.

Here are the Dev Diaries regarding the Asimov update:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...aris-dev-diary-36-asimov-patch-part-1.947827/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...aris-dev-diary-37-asimov-patch-part-2.950536/

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much waiting for Asimov to give it another go. But the problems with diplomacy won't be fixed just by tweaking and balancing, I'm afraid, although they seem to be taking a reasonable path. This one's going to really hurt, though:

To reduce exploits of the open borders, we have chosen to introduce an Influence cost to colonizing planets or building Frontier Outposts. This cost will be based on the range to your closest owned system.

That'll just about can my whole playstyle so far.

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Meanwhile I snatched Sub Command @-85% :)

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How is it?

Sub Command? It's probably about the same as it was in 2001. :lol:

I haven't installed it yet, but I have spent many hours watching the sonar "waterfall" or matching the tracks on the TMA screen. If you resist the urge to use external views, the game has a great (read: tense) atmosphere. :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Volkswagen seems to get on an Apollo trip... first the Audi ad, now a Seat ad citing Apollo 8 and Earthrise... I already wait for Müller to announce future emission standard compliant Diesel engines "before the decade is over", "not because it is easy, but because it is hard".

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Well, Germans were kinda responsible for the space race in the first place, I see no problem with Volkswagen milking that cow.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, Germans were kinda responsible for the space race in the first place, I see no problem with Volkswagen milking that cow.

"Our Germans are better than their Germans" :lol:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Yeah, how well did saying one group of Germans was better work out last time?