Humor Random Comments Thread

birdmanmike

Reaction score
Please... don't use a mezzo-soprano for singing the German national anthem. Its a drinking song, so please make sure its at least a Viking choir. :dry:

The Valkyrie maybe? Sorry - Die Walküre

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is there some sort of footie match on?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, a well-deserved loss, yes. That game was as ugly as unlucky for Germany. The slogan of the tournament has to be "almost scored" for us. Even with all the missing players because of injuries, the French goalkeeper never really had to do anything because the German players almost always missed the goal.

Sadly Löw already renewed his contract, after this tournament, I believe that we really need a new approach.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Even with all the missing players because of injuries, the French goalkeeper never really had to do anything because the German players almost always missed the goal.

Google says 7 shots on target, against 6 for France. Lloris did a very good job this match.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Only with copious amounts of alcohol could I work up the courage to attempt singing the US national anthem, especially the "home of the free" line.

And only with similar amounts of alcohol could anyone stand to listen to my attempt.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Only with copious amounts of alcohol could I work up the courage to attempt singing the US national anthem, especially the "home of the free" line.

And only with similar amounts of alcohol could anyone stand to listen to my attempt.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Has anyone else tried the skins Orbiter-Forum?
They are really great.

The Apollo (Fluid) skin is one of my favorites.

Other skins that I liked my and caught my attention:

Dark Nights:
dfsb68pwjgw00v26g.jpg

Looks like "Welcome to NASA web page"

Orbiter-Forum, I selected blue color.
13q2l1gvknndvdz6g.jpg

Like the MM2 Central, a web to download add-ons for Midtown Madness 2, and with a logo that makes me think that the forum is a product of BuyNLarge

Great skins, thanks design team!!

Linguofreak

Reaction score
If you sing it as written the "free" isn't as high, not held so long.

And, as it tends to be butchered these days, "free" gets split into two notes, jumping up an octave on the second: "O'er the la-and of the freee-heeeeeeeeeee...".

It's done so consistently that I've picked it up and the "as written" takes me off guard when I hear it.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Same here... There's way too many vocalists that just use it to highlight their range (or lack thereof).

Stick figure theatre had fun with it with Jimmy Hendrix and his electric version. Him checking his watch was pretty funny.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The Valkyrie maybe? Sorry - Die Walküre
You ever heard a wagner-trained soprano? Those gals have a vibrato large enough to drive a train through. It would sound even less than what Urwumpe had in mind.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Today's XKCD falls flat on the last panel on account of quoting the LOTR movies rather than the books.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Same here... There's way too many vocalists that just use it to highlight their range (or lack thereof).

Stick figure theatre had fun with it with Jimmy Hendrix and his electric version. Him checking his watch was pretty funny.

I can confirm this - it sounds way better on electric guitar if you ignore the pitch up and let the following notes also have some fun. Leave yodeling in the Alps, please.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/751141699880095745"]Sean Murray on Twitter: "It's happened. No Man's Sky just went gold. I'm so incredibly proud of this tiny team. 4 years of emotions https://t.co/YJoI6JVgxq"[/ame]