Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can somebody tell me why Dwarf Fortress did not save last night, despite claiming so?

Looks like an Elven mayor was too much for it as well, now I am back to the status quo...

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Guess who's sitting outside with his laptop due to a false fire alarm which cannot be shut down. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

The best part is how the alarm didn't show up at the campus' central, which means that if the fire had been real (with it being a propulsion lab and all) the response time would have been a bit long.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sure it was a false alert and not some "Lets test something loud and annoy everybody" action by the facility management klingons? :rofl:

I remember the face of the master of the workshop in the basement of my former institute, when he discovered those Klingons attempting to install a smoke detector over a milling machine... I had never seen them run so fast.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
It turned out to have been caused by some overly enthusiastic use of an angle-grinder in the attached building belonging to another lab, still under construction. But it finally stopped, which is nice!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It turned out to have been caused by some overly enthusiastic use of an angle-grinder in the attached building belonging to another lab, still under construction. But it finally stopped, which is nice!

Well, still better than being caused by a "Heizergruß" of a distant ship. :lol:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rewatching the expanse now that it's on Netflix. It's actually quite a bit better if you don't have the fresh memory of the novel in your mind.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rewatching the expanse now that it's on Netflix. It's actually quite a bit better if you don't have the fresh memory of the novel in your mind.

I love that show and am eagerly awaiting a second season. There is a page for it on SyFy's website but no info yet.

I didn't read the book so I don't have to worry about being spoiled by it.

But seriously, I NEED more of this show in my life. Best show since Firefly.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't do shoping.

Last friday I went to buy new phone (I have Sony Ericsson Xperia X8). Instead of buying new phone I ended up upscaling display to 40 inches. And since I became addicted to Elite recenly I decided to retire my Logitech Wingman Force 3D and aquired Thrustmaster T.16000M.

*Sorry for crappy photo, but as mentioned above I didn't buy new phone:
setup0001.jpg

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
You don't hear much about Anthropologists these days, are they still around?

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I always thought it was a very interesting field. trying to understand human behaviour. Especially the very early humans.

Military historian John Keegan part wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Keegan#Published_work
and I think it was in partnership with an Anthropologist, so it goes into the social aspects of warfare.

If I've got the right title, he did a lot of stuff!
The Nature of War with Joseph Darracott

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just got informed by my management that I will be send abroad on a two week "boot camp" training course for a new application system in two weeks... feels almost like I am back into the army:

"Y-Tours: Wir buchen, Sie fluchen!" :salute:

Not that I don't like the new challenge and appreciate the trust of my management. But it means I have 14 days left for getting everything done that I need to do before Christmas. :uhh:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Excellent, don't forget you passport and vaccinations. If you are coming to the UK...

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Excellent, don't forget you passport and vaccinations. If you are coming to the UK...

N.

Not that far abroad, luckily its still inside Germany. Maybe England will get invaded by me next year... of course, with all the best interests. :lol:

But yes, I still need to handle a passport issue... In August I applied for the new digital one after my old passport expired. Now its three months later and still no mail by the responsible department of my city.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
6 months since removal of my testicle (thanks, cancer!). Just received CT results: All clear!
Cancer can kiss my hairy *ss :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
6 months since removal of my testicle (thanks, cancer!). Just received CT results: All clear!
Cancer can kiss my hairy *ss :)

Congratulations. :cheers: