Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Northern Italy these days:
oiaHzEw.jpg

I descend in the fog every day in the morning and get back out in the evening never seeing the sun. :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Despite the title, the actual death was not from the chocolate but from being ground into a pulp by the mixer in the vat.
Some cellphone...

I do hope they cleaned the line after that, instead of selling some exotic-flavored candy, like in that case when several people took a "bath" in a tub of milk.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just returned home from a business trip to Bremen, when I discovered a strange beeping sound in my apartment, repeating every 30 seconds.

One of the new smoke detectors I installed last year and which had been supposed to last 10 years had already been without battery power. :dry:

That will become a 1 star review at amazon.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well, this came as a bit of a surprise
So, have they learned their lesson about what to make it stealth against, or is there going to be a surprise for the pilots rather quickly?
We might find out soon.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Just returned home from a business trip to Bremen, when I discovered a strange beeping sound in my apartment, repeating every 30 seconds.

One of the new smoke detectors I installed last year and which had been supposed to last 10 years had already been without battery power. :dry:

That will become a 1 star review at amazon.

Are you sure it's exclusively battery powered, or is the battery supposed to be a backup to grid power? Because my experience with these "10 year" smoke detectors is that the battery is there to power the smoke detector through power outages.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
So, have they learned their lesson about what to make it stealth against, or is there going to be a surprise for the pilots rather quickly?
We might find out soon.

I suspect it was kept under the radar (heh!) due to it being a controversial program* and since we're currently "between governments" (technically not anymore).

*: personally I believe it's a good plane and while the program has had its hickups, it's getting in shape, planes are being built, and they're getting delivered. In general many for example love the F-14 and F-15 while forgetting that the first prototype of the former managed to crash on its second flight while the latter was criticized a lot some decades ago due to its cost. But people have no long-term memory for these things. But our Tornados are old, and sooner or later they'll have to be replaced, and at least the F-35s are assembled here.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Are you sure it's exclusively battery powered, or is the battery supposed to be a backup to grid power? Because my experience with these "10 year" smoke detectors is that the battery is there to power the smoke detector through power outages.

No, exclusively battery powered, but the type of battery installed inside is a different than the one mentioned in the manual (which I kept) for achieving 10 years.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
No, exclusively battery powered, but the type of battery installed inside is a different than the one mentioned in the manual (which I kept) for achieving 10 years.

I would think a RTG would interfere with the function of most smoke detectors. :p

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38334437

A meat and potato pie has been sent "into space" attached to a weather balloon.
The pioneering delicacy was launched from Roby Mill, Wigan, at about 11:30 GMT ahead of the World Pie Eating Championship next week.
The aim is to see if its journey up to 100,000ft (30km) changes the molecular structure of the pie making it quicker to eat.
It is believed this is the first pie to be launched into the stratosphere.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The gospel according to Cat

From here:

WASHINGTON — The following document was obtained from sources close to God. Translated from the original Aramaic, it is a transcript of the final exit interview before Cat was loosed upon the world.

Cat: I have some demands.

God: That is not how it worketh, Cat.

Cat: I shall scratch their bellies and draw blood.

God: Fine.

Cat: Really?

God: Yes.

Cat: I shall do it a lot.

God: I sayeth, fine.

Cat: I shall use my claws to communicate “no,” “yes,” “thank you,” “I’m bored” and “I love you.”

God: OK.

Cat: I shall be doing some indiscriminate biting of bare feet.

God: That is strictly prohibited.

Cat: Freelance biting, then. Also, I am a lion.

God: Thou art a cat. Thou art not much larger than a baked potato.

Cat: MEOW!!

God: (Laughter.) Was that supposed to be a roar? Oooh, oooh, I am so afraid!

Cat: I am immune to mockery.

God: Are we done here?

Cat: I will say “Let there be light,” and there will be light!

God: That is taken care of already, Cat. Instead, I shall give you the power to cure cancer in those who care for you. You may exercise this power with compassion and gratitude anytime you wish.

Cat: Nah. Too much of a hassle.

Cat: I will neither “fetch” nor “sit.” Do I have a name?

God: You shall be given a name, yes. It might be Tommy or Sandra or a name that is dreadful like Fluffykins.

Cat: I shall never respond to it.

Cat: I shall never have to go on “walks.”

Cat: Fine?

God: Indeed. That leads us to a central issue, Cat. You shall poop in a box.

Cat: WHAT?

God: A little box. From the time you are a small suckling, you will know that you must do this and you will never, ever, ever make a mistake about this.

Cat: No!

God: Your life depends on it. Trusteth me on this.

Cat: I cannot...

God: You can and you will. You scratch bellies. You bite feet. You live as a saboteur. You are an unconscionable jerk. In return for this license, you shall poop in a little box.

Cat: I am a very good boy.

God: You are not.

Cat: The sand that I shall poop in? Is it expensive?

God: Yes, it is very expensive, indeed.

Cat: Fine.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Funnily... that document explains why my cat prefers to go indoors for its business. So that everyone can smell, what it did.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sounds legit.

I wonder if there was a conversation about bringing dead prey to the humans so that they cower in fear of its hunting prowess?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure God gave cats the ability to see supernatural things. When they appear to be staring at the wall for no reason, they are actually seeing things you should be glad you cannot see. It's like something HP Lovecraft would write.