Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
After nearly five years in my BattleTech chapter at the rank that I had chosen for me, after I designed the rank insignia of our fictive mercenary unit, the worst case happened. I got promoted. And all my complains and vetoes are futile. It is so annoying.

Not that it isn't a honor, and officially commanding a lance of Mechs instead of a platoon of infantry is sure a nice RPG feat. But I didn't want any other rank as the Squad Commander (equivalent to Sergeant).

Now the past year officially counts as revolutionary.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
But I didn't want any other rank as the Squad Commander (equivalent to Sergeant).

Maxim 2: A seargent in motion outranks a leutenant who has no idea what's going on. :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Maxim 2: A seargent in motion outranks a leutenant who has no idea what's going on. :p

Exactly :cheers::lol:

Now I am effectively a 2nd Lieutenant (Junior Groupman in our rank system)

I went from having a three pointed red star with a red bar below it to wearing a four pointed red star without any bar on my uniform... feels almost naked.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
i was in a virtual army a while back. I was a cobra pilot in BF2, i had a few kills. I left after a while, they took it a bit too seriously. I was tired of being nailed by a stinger, then forced to ride out the rest of the match on the carrier (they played Gulf of Oman alot)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
i was in a virtual army a while back. I was a cobra pilot in BF2, i had a few kills. I left after a while, they took it a bit too seriously. I was tired of being nailed by a stinger, then forced to ride out the rest of the match on the carrier (they played Gulf of Oman alot)

For a long time, my main job in the chapter was drawing the hostile fire at my heavy Mech and permit the rest of the chapter to get closer to the enemy position. Usually it worked, sometimes too good, then I was out of the game until we won it.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
For a long time, my main job in the chapter was drawing the hostile fire at my heavy Mech and permit the rest of the chapter to get closer to the enemy position. Usually it worked, sometimes too good, then I was out of the game until we won it.

my main job was to hassle the enemy armor while the engineers set up counter-measures, while that was fun, it usually meant i had the worst survival rate of the game.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
my main job was to hassle the enemy armor while the engineers set up counter-measures, while that was fun, it usually meant i had the worst survival rate of the game.

Mine wasn't that bad, I usually left the battle with at least symbolic armor. Somebody has to do such jobs.

BTW... if you hunt tanks properly, you usually don't get much opposition, and I mean properly... ever saw anti-tank helicopters practice low level flying? Too low is reached when you have moles on your windscreen.

I remember doing your job on some maps with the annoyingly weak default A-10 of BF2. Stingers had been less a problem for me than a tank firing at me from above.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Mine wasn't that bad, I usually left the battle with at least symbolic armor. Somebody has to do such jobs.

BTW... if you hunt tanks properly, you usually don't get much opposition, and I mean properly... ever saw anti-tank helicopters practice low level flying? Too low is reached when you have moles on your windscreen.

I remember doing your job on some maps with the annoyingly weak default A-10 of BF2. Stingers had been less a problem for me than a tank firing at me from above.

Well, I was a shoot and scoot pilot. Low level doesnt even begin to describe how low i saw harrier pilots flying CAS missions. Plus, stingers and RPGs were very common then. I could probably snag a tank and some foot-troops before i got hit by a stinger. I lobbied to change my status to seahawk pilot, since i wanted to try transporting troops instead of blowing them up. That didnt happen :(

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, I was a shoot and scoot pilot. Low level doesnt even begin to describe how low i saw harrier pilots flying CAS missions. Plus, stingers and RPGs were very common then. I could probably snag a tank and some foot-troops before i got hit by a stinger. I lobbied to change my status to seahawk pilot, since i wanted to try transporting troops instead of blowing them up. That didnt happen :(

Shoot and scoot missions only work if the rest of the team acts as forward observers and gives you proper scouting. You can't do both at the same time, because that increases your risk a lot. Either you do the attack mission, or you do the scouting as helicopter pilot (No reason not to fire a missile at an easy single target as scout, but then your position is known and you need to move to a new place ASAP)

Also, being forward observer is more than just saying "I have a tank here", it means also giving you proper clues, so you can find the target in your cross hair without long searching. This is especially important with the jets, because when you can see the target, it is usually too late to do big corrections.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
In random news, a tournament has started on the Forum Arcade.

Link

Round 1:
Scruce vs. HAL9001,
PeriapsisPrograde vs. diogom.

Interesting. :)

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A burst of wind? That's funny, I don't remember the Weather Channel saying anything about wind? Whoa? Whaaa.... What is that? That beam of light, and that cloud of smoke. It...it looks like a mushroom cloud?!?

RUUUUNNN!!

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Have you noticed that, if something is for teen/pre-teen girls, it's hated by everybody else?

Case in point: Justin Bieber.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Have you noticed that, if something is for teen/pre-teen girls, it's hated by everybody else?

Case in point: Justin Bieber.

Counterpoint: MLP.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Counterpoint: MLP.
MLP isn't for teen or preteen girls, it's for very young girls. :rofl:

But more to the point, I don't think that it's so much what the target audience is, it more has to do with the largest demographic that fans are from.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Counter-counterpoint: The people who like MLP, don't like Justin Bieber.

But can't we find a little girl that likes MLP and Justin Bieber at the same time? Just one is enough.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I'm a guy, and I don't like either of them. Deal with it:

tumblr_lqfzjuF1QS1qklq87o1_400.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire