Humor Random Comments Thread

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
So, I received this weird postcard in the mail earlier.

One side was all white. On the other side it said "greetings from T = 10^-100 seconds!"

There was no return address. I guess I don't blame them since the universe wasn't big enough to contain an address, let alone anything.

...or was it???????? It was before 10^-43 so we don't know what happened...

...which brings me to today's big question: what happened between T=0 and T= 10^-43? Bonus points if you're a physicist.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
isn't that the time-frame which is termed as the Planck Epoch? The one in which String Theory is attempting to answer, in an epoch in which the GUT - Force and Gravity is still one, something called the ToE force or something... (I'm really shouldn't be doing this when my Dermatology, Orthopedy, Hematology, and Immunology exams are coming)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
News about Doctor Who, Seven of Nine

Discover Magazine - Bad Astronomy: Obi Wan better watch his back:
It’s a tough time to be a science fiction hero. Just look at the headlines for proof!

{...}

doctorwho_binladen2.png

{...}

7of9arrested.jpg

{...}
:rofl:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
We've been launching rockets in physics. Very small rockets. I launched with an A, had to jump a fence to retrieve due to wind. Then launched with a C and there wasn't ever a trace of it again. :p (virtually all of our Cs disappeared completely)
We 'launched' another A with a stuffed monkey on it (weight pointed away from us) which went up 2ft then spiraled to the ground.
My friend launched his on a C. He put small fins at the top in addition to the ones at the bottom, though I told him it wouldn't work. It went up fairly high, maybe 50ft, then made large spirals, crashing just feet from all of us, ejecting the engine against the building and the nosecone into the dirt. Overall, it was entertaining. :lol:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is that collegiate physics or high school physics?

I hope that my HS physics class next year has rockets.

But I think they're air-powered and not very powerful.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Is that collegiate physics or high school physics?

I hope that my HS physics class next year has rockets.

But I think they're air-powered and not very powerful.

Highschool.
I AM a bit surprised. But my teacher has LOADS of stuff laying around. (electronics, rocket motors, two van de graaff generators, prisms, etc.)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For French & German people : there is currently a broadcast of Apollo XI archive movies on Arte. :cool:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Well...you know there was...no...I cant do it either...anime wins that round

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I liked this style better:
picture.php

(especially with all the Japanese labels)

It's a sketch of pretty much the same style, this one is just digital, and coloured... :p

I've been trying to vary my styles recently, though- Japanese influence is good and all, but art schools won't accept you if all you can draw is 'anime'. A few years ago, there was a huge influx of students who got into art schools on that alone, and it turned out that it was all they could do...they had to revise the admission standards... :uhh: