Humor Random Comments Thread

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
.9 has always been enough for me. I'm not into heavy metal. :lol:

Anyone here ever used loctite? it's an industrial metal glue, and you need a crowbar to get the glued stuff apart again. Usually a big one.

Epoxy can be pretty nasty too.

I have a shelf in a cupboard that is supported by a 1cm3 piece of wood, which is glued to the wall with epoxy. I first thought it would hold a few days only. Still there after 4 years, and now I don't hesitate to put a lot of stuff on it. Actually I think that the wall would fail before the epoxy does.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
.9 has always been enough for me. I'm not into heavy metal. :lol:

Well... I usually play & compose rock/hard rock music, however playing heavy/speed metal is excellent excersise for precision & rythm keeping.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
After 90 min of sailing a laser on Thursday i have come to the conclusion that i need to get fitter, before trying it again.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Has anyone here ever flown on Airtran Airways? I've got a flight to Orlando coming up, and I've never flown with them.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Donated for the first time. I'd like to think that when it goes through, my donation puts O-F over the monthly goal. :)

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Content from an actual South African second grade school test (and answer):

There are nine bicycles. How many wheels are there alltogether?

(Question asked by one student to the teacher: "Ma'm, how many wheels do bicycles have? Two, right?)

One of the test answers: 9 + 9 = 7

South African schools: proudly leading the world in education since Never. :(

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm sure worse blunders have been made in schools before...

In some of the maths exams I took recently there were questions which were written so that they were impossible to answer correctly, and where one part contradicted another directly. These are the A level exams which I am relying on to get me into university...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Damn... the German synchronization of Planetes is really deserving a special place in the "how you should not do it" ranking. I understand more of it in Japanese.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Nintendo hard game: When you wonder how the BLEEP did you go through THAT back when you was ten.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Nintendo hard game: When you wonder how the BLEEP did you go through THAT back when you was ten.
I can't do Contra without the Konami code, even in two-player.
I've gotten to the final world in Super Mario Bros but quit.
Took me a while to beat Donkey Kong Country.
Still haven't beat A Link to the Past.
I've never even played Ocarina of Time all the way through. :p

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Content from an actual South African second grade school test (and answer):

There are nine bicycles. How many wheels are there alltogether?

(Question asked by one student to the teacher: "Ma'm, how many wheels do bicycles have? Two, right?)

One of the test answers: 9 + 9 = 7

South African schools: proudly leading the world in education since Never. :(

Ehhhhh... In second grade that isn't so bad. Kids don't necessarily have their addition tables memorized by then.

When you get to *eighth* grade and a student still doesn't know how to do long division, that's bad.

Then there's another story from eighth grade: We were instructed to write a story about Christmas. After we were done, we were to exchange stories with our classmates and proofread each other's stories. So I found myself proofreading a story about some girl and the unspeakable things she was doing to the Christmas presents she had bought for her friends. It took me a few seconds to realize that my classmate meant to say that the girl was wrapping presents...

Such is the state of education in the US.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Ehhhhh... In second gradehat isn't so bad. Kids don't necessarily have their addition tables memorized by then.

When you get to *eighth* grade and a student still doesn't know how to do long division, that's bad.

Then there's another story from eighth grade: We were instructed to write a story about Christmas. After we were done, we were to exchange stories with our classmates and proofread each other's stories. So I found myself proofreading a story about some girl and the unspeakable things she was doing to the Christmas presents she had bought for her friends. It took me a few seconds to realize that my classmate meant to say that the girl was wrapping presents...

Such is the state of education in the US.

Classy.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Ehhhhh... In second grade that isn't so bad. Kids don't necessarily have their addition tables memorized by then.

When all you know is positive numbers, addition should at least give you a bigger number than what you had to start with. I think a 2nd grader can figure that much out. :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
(Question asked by one student to the teacher: "Ma'm, how many wheels do bicycles have? Two, right?):(
A bicycle can have any number of wheels from one to 4, and ones younger kids use would likely be in the 3-4 category.
So, i'd call this a question of a normal kid faced with a excessively assumptive question.
Could be much, much worse.

Hm?
Back in USSR we were memorising multiplication tables by the second grade.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
same in communist Poland in late 80' and "democration in early nineties :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Me: Flight, attack that flight of Ju-52s!
Them: Let's go over here!! *fly to the opposite side of the map*
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU