Humor Random Comments Thread

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What comes next? another average album with a new singer?

I don't like voice of this backup singer (Floor Jansen). She tries opera voice but lacks proper training/mastery like Tarja and "free energy" of Anette's vocal style. Her voice seems "forced" and I hope she won't stay with them.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't like voice of this backup singer (Floor Jansen). She tries opera voice but lacks proper training/mastery like Tarja and "free energy" of Anette's vocal style. Her voice seems "forced" and I hope she won't stay with them.

Haven't heard her yet. How bad is it?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not that tragic but nothing special IMHO. Also really bad at live performances.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFP5pRlV-hc&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFP5pRlV-hc&feature=plcp[/ame]

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
For those that watch The Walking Dead, they released a new series of small webisodes in anticipation of Season 3.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not that tragic but nothing special IMHO. Also really bad at live performances.

Really, it sounds like Christina Aguilera after seven drunken nights.

Not that she is really bad, there are others, but then, she has no proper breathing technique, a vocal coach might be necessary, also she can only sing slow songs without getting lost, something Nightwish only rarely does. When the tempo increases, you can hear her lack of control over her own voice.

Anette was better there, though she lacked the professional training of Tarja. But then, Tarja wasn't the best stage personality - she can sing, but performing is more than that. And Anettes voice fitted well to the voice of Marco... it could maybe be way harder to replace than Tarjas voice.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Occupy Mars!

http://shop.spacex.com/collections/t-shirts/products/occupy-mars-t-shirt

Shopping time?

MattBaker

Reaction score
I always thought that the Occupy movement wants the Gas giants...

occupy-jupiter.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Happy German Unity Day everyone!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah! You can never have too many Germans in the same place.

N.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hurray! We
re putting fuel back in the "pot" today. Next stop- - -mode 6.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
For the first time ever in my O-F history, I have zero unread posts. Yay! :cheers:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes, mode 6 is "refueling", but we've been core-empty for internals inspection for longer than expected. During which time we move into "core-empty" or "no-mode", it seems to be some new manager-speak to differentiate whether we've got fuel in the pot, or not?

I'd never heard "no-mode" until a few years ago, the term just kind of cropped up. It may be unique to TVA. As the saying goes "We do stupid good, but we're getting better at it".

Officially we are 120 hours or so behind schedule. There is a whole lot of work going on to modify the fire protection system that is holding up other work. As soon as the path gets cleared, we're going to be running like scalded dogs to get her back together. Managers are already starting to get megawatt fever no that they hear that fuel is moving again. So now is really the time to SLOW DOWN and ensure were doing it right, rather than right now.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Officially we are 120 hours or so behind schedule.

That still sounds good for such a large project. Ever heard of the Berlin-Brandenburg Airport? If not, thats exactly what I mean. :lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I was thinking that 120 hours wasn't too bad. Scope-growth had added about $2 million, which also isn't all that either. Management may think otherwise, but my response to them is usually "We can fix it now, during a planned outage, or fix it later during a forced outage. Either way I get paid the overtime, so it don't matter to me".