garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Nice, What sort of business are you doing there pax?

I just got back from Cardiff this morning. 5 hours on different trains......

IMG_1424.JPG

ProAuroraX

Resident Insane Person
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice, What sort of business are you doing there pax?

I just got back from Cardiff this morning. 5 hours on different trains......

Well, basically, our company sends us out to cities, like a few weeks ago, I was in Phoenix, AZ. They give us their latest technology, we go out to cities, and we put on a little demo for businesses operating there. We try to get them interested, and hopefully they choose our products. We pack up, and we're headed home the next day.

And, if I have enough time tomorrow, ill be going to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. :)

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Scumbag Bill Paxton as Fred Haise:

3r35p5.jpg

Heh. Always loved the irony in that (in the movie) he gives Jack a hard time for not checking the (fictional) gauge before flipping the switch, when he can't even remember to flip the switch to turn off the hot microphone.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been covered in the last 580 pages since I last looked at this thread, but Dethklok is an awesome metal band.

Horns+Up+Rocks+Adult+Swim+Dethklok

MattBaker

Reaction score
Brace yourself! Howard Wolowitz in Space airs today! NO MUM I DON'T HAVE TO CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND ME, I'M ON THE ISS!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I swear I have all the luck. That's probably not something to complain about but it IS weird and drives other people nuts. :p They just keep giving me more scholarships that I didn't even try for when I already have all costs covered! I'm even past the point of covering my expenses with financial aid. I can actually pay back the one loan of my financial aid and still have money left over. :) I actually have to keep up with how much of my money is scholarships for specific use and how much I can say was done as 'cash' scholarships.

Last edited:

Astronut25

Reaction score
Lucky you. The government took away all my scholarships because they believed I had a money tree growing in my back yard, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, so I had to forgo college.:cry:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I swear I have all the luck. That's probably not something to complain about but it IS weird and drives other people nuts. :p They just keep giving me more scholarships that I didn't even try for when I already have all costs covered! I'm even past the point of covering my expenses with financial aid. I can actually pay back the one loan of my financial aid and still have money left over. :) I actually have to keep up with how much of my money is scholarships for specific use and how much I can say was done as 'cash' scholarships.

Probably not something to complain about? If you're unsure good luck is good, I'd love to take some off your shoulders...:p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Lucky you. The government took away all my scholarships because they believed I had a money tree growing in my back yard, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, so I had to forgo college.:cry:

Indeed, I feared that would happen to me as well.
A good friend of mine who works so much harder, applied to every scholarship he could, and definitely has need, was only able to get loans. He went to Texas A&M but even the maximum government loans weren't enough to come back after the first year. So they prevented him from enrolling or even going to any other school. Luckily, he recently found a way he can redo his FAFSA to get back to school. Hopefully he'll get a better financial aid situation quickly. Although the maximum loan increases over time, I wouldn't want to be going to that school on loans...
It's mostly my choice of school that's bringing me so much financial luck at least. The University of Oklahoma has been very generous to me. :p Anywhere else I applied, I would already be deep in debt. I kind of feel bad for my friends going to Rice University (well, except the one or two rich ones). $55,000+ per year turns into a lifetime of loans really fast.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Probably not something to complain about? If you're unsure good luck is good, I'd love to take some off your shoulders...:p
Hehe. It gets tempting to give up offers so that someone more needing/deserving can have them, but my mother would kill me if I didn't take all the aid I can get. :lol:

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I see soldering in my near future: http://www.dr-lex.be/hardware/hdar_review.html#hack
Unless of course I can find some other cheap Chinese product not prone to the same problems (or worse!)

Re: Chinese products
The raised PCB also had some print on it that ended in “unit”, but the rest is scratched off intentionally. I can only guess that this has to do with the reason why they can make this thing so cheap. After I opened three Chinese FM transmitters that looked nearly identical on the outside and found three totally different circuit boards inside, plus five other completely different designs on a website, I stopped wondering about Chinese manufacturing practices.

I keep just finding similar products that lack Dolby logos and have reviews attesting to their lack of true surround sound. This product may well not be properly licensed with Dolby, but at least it works to a degree. :p

Last edited: