Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I see soldering in my near future:
At least it's not like fishing a loose bolt from uninsulated innards of a Chinese power supply, or finding a GPS chip glued to the board instead of being soldered.

ProAuroraX

Resident Insane Person
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now currently sitting in an airport. 1 more hour till I board. Going to Virginia.

I should have probably brought my Orbiter install....

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Reading about triboluminescence:
"In 1953, Soviet scientists first observed that unpeeling a roll of tape in a vacuum produced X-rays".

I wonder if it was an intentional experiment, or someone had lousily duct taped something in a vacuum chamber and a sensor happened to be nearby when it tore off...

MattBaker

Reaction score
Write new history books, it's not Angus MacGyver but Wladimir Ivanovich who made a vacuum by using a bottle and a vacuum cleaner, thus unpeeling a roll of tape, creating enough X-Rays to loosen his bonds and escaping from HIT custody.:uhh:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Lucky you. The government took away all my scholarships because they believed I had a money tree growing in my back yard, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, so I had to forgo college.:cry:

I lost my minimal government support after half a year, because my brother got a stipend of the local car company and thus, had been considered as too rich to get such support.

Bad news: Having to work exponentially increasing hours (in the end at the legal limit) to pay the tuition fees.

Good news: After leaving university, I only had to repay less than €500 with the sentence "We expect you to repay this in quarter year rates, but you can also choose to repay it all at once" - to describe the order of magnitude: I had to pay less for the government education subsidies I received in my university career than for 6 months of studies...which was in the end near 800 € per half year - yes, that is still cheap compared to Anglosaxon countries, but then we still have no properly working loans and only 2% of all students receive stipends in Germany. Earning enough as student to pay almost €150 per month is extremely hard.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lucky you. The government took away all my scholarships because they believed I had a money tree growing in my back yard, and I couldn't convince them otherwise, so I had to forgo college.:cry:

Thats a shame :(

I was lucky I got into co-op at my university. I wouldnt have a chance in hell of ever finishing my degree without making back some of the costs through it.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Just thought I had to share this with everyone else. Was watching a few videos on youtube when I came across a comment by a moon hoaxer. He started off with the usual gibberish about the moon landing, then went off on a unique tangent:

He thinks that the government includes Fluoride in toothpaste in order to brainwash us

:shifty: I never thought trident was watching me...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Just thought I had to share this with everyone else. Was watching a few videos on youtube when I came across a comment by a moon hoaxer. He started off with the usual gibberish about the moon landing, then went off on a unique tangent:

He thinks that the government includes Fluoride in toothpaste in order to brainwash us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unholy_three.png

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com

220px-Trident_missile_launch.jpg

:lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Communistic world government?
Weird, we here thought the world government was capitalistic. :idk:

It's always an Us and Them situation. I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be a communism-fearing, Russia-hating kind of guy in those times. The U.S. government has been very persuassive when it comes to xenophobia. There is some shocking propaganda in the history of any world power.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's always an Us and Them situation. I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be a communism-fearing, Russia-hating kind of guy in those times. The U.S. government has been very persuassive when it comes to xenophobia. There is some shocking propaganda in the history of any world power.

I am still highly critical of the promises of both capitalism and communism, and I am just German...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
*yawns* noon and already sleepy...

That afternoon class should better to be interesting. :goodnight:

:coffee:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
An evening of departures...

Not only did German actor Dirk Bach leave the world at mere 51 years, Nightwish also annouced that they are parting with Anette. :dry:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... Nightwish also annouced that they are parting with Anette. :dry:

:blink: That's sad news. I kinda like them with Anette more than with Tarja. It's their choice however. I just hope we won't hear "revenge song" this time.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:blink: That's sad news. I kinda like them with Anette more than with Tarja. It's their choice however. I just hope we won't hear "revenge song" this time.

What I find worse, Imaginerium was their best album so far in my eyes, her voice was finally fitting into the sound of the band and the music was something impossible with Tarjas voice. What comes next? another average album with a new singer?