Humor Random Comments Thread

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
The Saturn rockets had their own special IBM computers in the ring called "Instrument Unit", sitting on top of the S-IVB. Had been digital and analog computers.

Saturn_IU_Mk12cyl3mod2Crop25pct.jpg

Saturn Launch Vehicle Digital Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone notice the Xbox in there? :lol:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Anyone notice the Xbox in there? :lol:
Oh, you mean the "Gas Bearing Supply".

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

We're on chapter 7 of our physics textbook, which is about gravitation and orbits.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok, all big expenses cancelled for the next years... I have expensive teeth.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sequence of thoughts this morning (this is on 2 hours of sleep, mind you)
n122vu's brain said:
"Orbiter. No, must play Minecraft. No, must play Black Ops 2. No, must work on the Cortez. NO! Must play Minecraft! NO! MUST. PLAY. BLACK OPS 2!!! Ahh, forget it. I need to go get stamps so I can mail my bills. Curse being a grown up anyway...."

MattBaker

Reaction score
I don't understand the Black Ops II hype, isn't it just the same thing ego-shooters have been for the last five years?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't understand the Black Ops II hype, isn't it just the same thing ego-shooters have been for the last five years?

But look at the graphics. That must be 8000p graphics or more! And that sound... especially that they selected my favorite songs as sound track.

But why does the mission start in my office, how did they know how it looks like? Nevermind, I will go kill some tangos and test the gameplay.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

After playing for a few hours last night, to a great degree, you are right, but they have done a great job of adding some fresh new things to the gameplay. For example, the options you have for class setups, and the way some of the game modes work.

It didn't feel like the same-old-thing to me, anyway. A lot more fast-paced, but still a lot of strategy involved, believe it or not :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

It's at least the same as COD has been. Some of the other brands manage to be different, but people stick with COD... I find it disturbing that DLCs are now planned and announced AHEAD OF TIME and still get sold at the price of another full game for just a lousy couple maps or guns. They're easily making double the money by selling more ego. :p

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's at least the same as COD has been. Some of the other brands manage to be different, but people stick with COD... I find it disturbing that DLCs are now planned and announced AHEAD OF TIME and still get sold at the price of another full game for just a lousy couple maps or guns. They're easily making double the money by selling more ego. :p

Yeah I'm still bitter about that. I pre-ordered BO2 and also ELITE, as it used to be, figuring the map packs plus the extra online info/etc. together was worth it. Then just a few weeks before launch Activision announces they're splitting them up, ELITE, *all* of ELITE, is going to be free, and the DLC is going into what's called Season Pass. But the price for Season Pass didn't change from when the two were bundled together. :mad: Not cool.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you mean this for real or if you are sarcastic...

Haha, surely sarcastic. PC graphics far exceed current consoles. My xbox freaks out over any game at 720p. And if you want sounds: BF3 all the way.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ACIII is pure awesome btw.

I saw its E3 bit however long ago, it does look pretty awesome. I'm still slogging through Jerusalem in the first one...Someday I'll catch up. I would never have imagined a relatively 'mainstream' game as it would have such an incredible plot, twisting history to...well, you know how AC goes. ;)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'll let you guys finish, but let me step right in with my PLASMA SWORD.

Halo 4...10/10

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Is it really? I've been worried Halo was going down the crapper like so many other popular series. I was a long-time fan until more recently, after losing Reach.

Halo 4 is way better than Reach. Reach was good in its own respects, but Halo 4 takes the cake. Though (spoiler alert) it's more about Cortana's rampancy than Chief.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
First BSOD since almost 1000 days.... :thumbsdown:

Likely caused by Virus scanner update.