Humor Random Comments Thread

MattBaker

Reaction score
There is a lot of stuff that is technically possible, but from an economic point of view...
We could even built maybe even build a space elevator, but who has the funding to fly over 35000 kilometers of cables into space?
On the other hand, it's the military, if they need it it's made regardless of the costs.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I must be having a weird dream yesterday night - but no! I was taking a MiG-25 Foxbat out for a spin over Florida, and guess what? It went so fast that I managed to accelerate it out of the Solar System! :rofl: Screenshots coming soon!

(try it yourself with kev33's add-on! Strange that none of his other old add-ons came even close to that - I wonder why?)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I must be having a weird dream yesterday night - but no! I was taking a MiG-25 Foxbat out for a spin over Florida, and guess what? It went so fast that I managed to accelerate it out of the Solar System! :rofl: Screenshots coming soon!

(try it yourself with kev33's add-on! Strange that none of his other old add-ons came even close to that - I wonder why?)

kev33 gave permission for OBSP to use his models. ETF is working on a general aircraft library that will allow mass production of high quality DLL based planes and space planes. We'll also rerelease a lot of his planes already redone better than anything SC3 can do...

Unfortunately that means no more warp speed for the Migs.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Realizing how much I've been spending. "Far" from debt, but working towards it. Plus paying interest on a loan that may end up not being used for anything.
And I should prooobably call work and tell them I haven't quit despite a few weeks of not being available. :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Realizing how much I've been spending. "Far" from debt, but working towards it. Plus paying interest on a loan that may end up not being used for anything.
And I should prooobably call work and tell them I haven't quit despite a few weeks of not being available. :p

Sounds like a good idea. :lol:

I am currently debt free and far from problems, but I already feel how people reach for my wallet.

MattBaker

Reaction score
German mentality: Oh, I only earn 2000€, better only spend 1500€, otherwise people think I'm not trustworthy

American mentality: Oh, I only earn 2000$, better spend 2500$, otherwise people think I'm not trustworthy

No offence, both has its pros&cons...

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
By that logic I'm more German than American, but then again this area of Tennessee was saturated with immigrants from all over.

Both grandparents lived during the depression era (the real one in the 30's). Both were pretty frugal, and probably had a poor credit score. No debt either.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Both were pretty frugal, and probably had a poor credit score. No debt either.

This is probably the single most confusing thing I've encountered in my journey into adulthood: Why the hell is it "better" to accrue debt like the world is ending? Oh...wait... :rolleyes:

In any case, I intend to live more as they did than how my peers will. No BMW, enormous house etc. etc. for me by the time I'm 25. It can wait until I actually have something to my name other than a MasterCard or whatever (though honestly a Civic and small house eventually is more than enough; will never be rich.) :rant:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have respect for people who can manage debts... but I am simply to untalented in economics for that. I try to stay away from debts or anything similar. If I can afford it in 3 months, it should be worth waiting.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
A little bit of research and I found that there are far more millionaires that live in a house that resembles mine, than a house that resembles Bill Gates'.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Why the hell is it "better" to accrue debt like the world is ending?

I would know three arguments:
-You seem trustworthy because someone trusts you and gives you money
-Eudaimonia, life has the sense to be beautiful and make fun, sometimes you need money to have fun (to buy a Mercedes, a yacht, an expensive computer, skydiving...)
-Inflation, if your currency should fail and you end up in a massive inflation you pay your $1 million debt with an egg from the local supermarket

First one could also be the other way round, I wouldn't speculate on the last one except you're in Iran or something like that. For the second one: If you need money to be happy you lost your brain to an idol, my opinion, someone with a Midas complex might disagree...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Both grandparents lived during the depression era (the real one in the 30's). Both were pretty frugal, and probably had a poor credit score. No debt either.

My general attitude is to live like this, but I do have a (fortunately modest) pile of school debt that I'm having trouble finding employment to pay off.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I really didn't want a short-lived job to put on top of my non-existent credit. But I think, after only like two weeks of work, I've got to change jobs. Intense amount of work, long late hours, $7.50/hr, understaffed in general (I didn't want to abandon ship like the rest, but it has gotten tougher). There's definitely better jobs offered by my school.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Shuttle SRBs replaced by R-7 boosters? IMPOSSIBRU! Or is it... :hmm: