Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't want a metal lathe for other nefarious reasons, I'm probably on some "watch-list" or another for reasons enough.

What, you get put on a watch list for owning a lathe? That would be hilarious :lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Prior military + gun owner = watch list
Plus I work a nuclear facility, so there's that too.

I don't really think I'm on a watch list... Seriously... But just because you think somebody is watching, doesn't mean that they're not.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I only wonder what a metal lathe would add to that.

Prior military + gun owner + lathe = stylish pipe-bomb manufacturer. :hmm:

You could produce your own AP-Mines and cruise missiles. Or sabot projectiles.

MattBaker

Reaction score
You could produce your own AP-Mines and cruise missiles. Or sabot projectiles.

Theoretically you have enough information on the internet to build an H-Bomb and if you work in a nuclear plant...

I'll stop because the word H-Bomb probably already pinged the NSA, hello everyone:hello:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Tony Stark?

Nah, I don't think that fast. I either plod, or brute force my way into (or out of) problems.

I got griped at during our outage for not wearing my safety glasses properly.
Age is getting my vision and I need bifocals, so I was peering over the top of my glasses so I could see what I was doing (and it actually be in focus). Bossman comes by and starts his safety speech. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about industrial safety, but I just looked at him and said "You want this :censored: fixed, or what?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not untouchable or anything. But I do have a specialized set of skills (mad skillz), and there's only a few people in "the valley" that know what I know (or have bothered to learn). And 17-18 days past a 30 day outage window (at $1.5 million in lost generation per day) gives me a lot of leeway.

We got tritium here too :cool:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Theoretically you have enough information on the internet to build an H-Bomb and if you work in a nuclear plant...

I'll stop because the word H-Bomb probably already pinged the NSA, hello everyone:hello:

Use the proper term of "Two-stage thermonuclear device of the Ulam-Teller type with solid Lithiumdeuteride secondary". That gives their servers some panic. :cheers:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What, you get put on a watch list for owning a lathe? That would be hilarious :lol:

I dont know. Ive heard that trajectory planning software itself could be considered dangerous material in other internet forums. If thats the case I think were all on a watchlist. Perhaps we should be :lol:.

Urwumpe, why do you love to create such panic.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe, why do you love to create such panic.

Its not my taxes for that kind of process. When ever the NSA freaks out, a few thousand USD go down the drain before somebody calmly says "Sorry, thats just a joke again."

So, the best weapon against the NSA trying to peak into my brain is thinking so dirty that they will regret it. Look here guys, my presence here means you will not see your family and kids for years. Long hours of paperwork. Change request board meetings.

Nemo me impune, lassecit.

(And hacking the brains behind the most powerful government of the world is what real hackers dream about. Forget such primitive bit flippers, the real challenge is gray, wet and smells aweful)

MattBaker

Reaction score
Maybe if we show the CIA how unrealistic (not like it's so bad, but it's quite bad) atmospheric flight in Orbiter is they help developing it, puts us all into a special task force and we get money for simulating R-7 launches with Orbiter...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Use the proper term of "Two-stage thermonuclear device of the Ulam-Teller type with solid Lithiumdeuteride secondary". That gives their servers some panic. :cheers:
Nah, you'd need plutonium/uranium for that so they won't worry.
Now, magnetic pinch induced thermonuclear device might sound worrying.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Tony Stark doesn't get put onto a watchlist for owning a lathe, he gets put onto a watchlist for being in a cave with a box of scraps...

And also for being the cause of "an unfortunate training *exercise*."
Pretty sure taking out a USAF F-22 will move you up the list in a hurry.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I...I'm scared they'll find my search history. :hide:

You're just going to have to settle for harnessing a bolt of lightning to generate your 1.21 Jigawatts.

Meanwhile, can I interest you in some spare pinball machine parts?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like a hotel I was in once....

n.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did not see that coming...

http://www.orschlurch.net/2012/11/23/uberraschung-bei-talentshow/

There's a lot of guys that go to talent show castings to make fun of the Jury by singing in the harder register so it's kinda getting old, but this Chick plays the whole game until she actually has an audience :lol:

She's pretty good, too.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
How long did you last?

Sad to hear Portugal and Poland have pulled out of next year Eurovision Song Contest. Allegedly they couldn't afford to win, shows they still have a sense of humour...

N.