sts-51l.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There are rumors of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands abdicating today in favor of her son, Prince Willem-Alexander. Its only a few days to her 75th birthday.

MattBaker

Reaction score
There are rumors of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands abdicating today in favor of her son, Prince Willem-Alexander. Its only a few days to her 75th birthday.

Is it just me or can anyone else hear a manic laugh combined with a silent weeping from the UK?

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is it just me or can anyone else hear a manic laugh combined with a silent weeping from the UK?

Let's just say that the Dutch royal family is lucky enough to have "retirement" as an option if they wishes....... :lol:

Astronut25

Reaction score
Trying to Find a Painting

A few years ago I saw a magnificent painting of a snow covered field at sunset. The colors were amazing, fiery warm colored sunset with a freezing cool colors all around, it was warm and cool at the same time.

The problem was that there was no captions or anything to identify who made it or what it was called, so I've spent years trying to find it. Can anyone help?

Here is a basic representation of the painting
PaintingSearch.jpg

it has some similarity to Monet's Wheatstacks (Sunset, Snow Effect)
320px-1278_Wheatstacks_%28Sunset%2C_Snow_Effect%29%2C_1890-91%2C_65.3_x_100.4_cm%2C_25_11-16_x_39_1-2_in.%2C_The_Art_Institute_of_Chicago.jpg

sorindafabico

Reaction score
How, in the XXI century, journalists can still think the biggest city in South America is in the middle of the rainforest?

379182_599696513389210_808942374_n.jpg

Linguofreak

Reaction score
How, in the XXI century, journalists can still think the biggest city in South America is in the middle of the rainforest?

Well, looking in that area in Google Earth, it seems that they confused São Paolo with São Paulo de Olivença.

Similar mistakes could be made between [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_am_Main"]Frankfurt[/ame] and Frankfurt, or London and [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London"]London[/ame].

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, I sometimes get tripped up when I'm talking with someone from Ontario, and they're not anywhere near Canada. :blush:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Yeah, I sometimes get tripped up when I'm talking with someone from Ontario, and they're not anywhere near Canada. :blush:

Welcome to Ontario, the home of MagLite and a minor league hockey team! Get your :censored: and get out.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Oh I love it when that thing you orders never shows up because the UPS guy froze to death delivering it...even though I'm in the high desert (technically)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Maglites are nothing to sniff at -- you can do some serious damage with the right one in the right hands. ;)

Le Skullcracker (or that really small bone in your foot that hurts like a mother:censored:er when you drop a Maglite on it)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Mmmm, that big 6 D-cell maglite. Awesome as a crowd control device (should be a melee weapon in Borderlands).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Mmmm, that big 6 D-cell maglite. Awesome as a crowd control device (should be a melee weapon in Borderlands).

One of the best tools for defending your home, pretty much the collapsible spade of the civilians.

Real weapon experts know, that the most dangerous weapon deployed by the German Army is the collapsible spade. It is deadly, multi-purpose, easy to use and hard to destroy. It works against humans, trees, tanks, low-flying aircraft and all kinds of padlocks. And you can dig holes with it, too.