Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
One of the best tools for defending your home, pretty much the collapsible spade of the civilians.

Real weapon experts know, that the most dangerous weapon deployed by the German Army is the collapsible spade. It is deadly, multi-purpose, easy to use and hard to destroy. It works against humans, trees, tanks, low-flying aircraft and all kinds of padlocks. And you can dig holes with it, too.

Don't just tell me it works against low-flying aircraft without giving a demonstration. :lol:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
In other news, I found a website totally dedicated to the words of the newest spaceflight deity and assistant to the Probe! :huh: :hailprobe:

(replace :censored: with something that rhymes with hitting the bit :p)

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Don't just tell me it works against low-flying aircraft without giving a demonstration. :lol:

Get me a surplus low-flying aircraft and I will demonstrate. :lol: But no complaints about the collateral damage.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Get me a surplus low-flying aircraft and I will demonstrate. :lol: But no complaints about the collateral damage.

How low-flying are we talking? Taxiing? 20ft? 100ft? 500ft? [insert metric here]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How low-flying are we talking? Taxiing? 20ft? 100ft? 500ft? [insert metric here]

For more than 100ft, I need a high tree or a suitable mountain. :thumbup:

What can ruin tank tracks, can't be good for planes.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
For more than 100ft, I need a high tree or a suitable mountain. :thumbup:

What can ruin tank tracks, can't be good for planes.

Yeah, it actually took me a lot longer to figure out the plane than the tank for some reason. :p
As for 100ft, did you attach a rocket, a grenade, or is your arm just that good? :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As for 100ft, did you attach a rocket, a grenade, or is your arm just that good? :lol:

All a matter of technique. ;) And some fair amount of physics. But the idea with grenade isn't bad............ need to try something.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
All a matter of technique. ;) And some fair amount of physics. But the idea with grenade isn't bad............ need to try something.

Rocket-propelled-grespade?
(Note: This marks the exact moment that the FBI begins monitoring my internet activity)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Didn't someone brought down a US attack helicopter with an annoyedly thrown hoe during the recent middle east war?
At least, it's a common anecdote here.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Don't worry too much Nick, with all our talk of guidance systems, probes (Hail Probe!), launchers, and explosives we've probably already made some "watch list" years ago.

Not to mention some of the basement arguments... :shifty:

I think I've got an entrenching tool somewhere out in my workshop. I've never thought about it for home defence, but yeah... It'll do the job, and not nearly as much as a tip-off to the baddies as the cycling of a pump action.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and not nearly as much as a tip-off to the baddies as the cycling of a pump action.

cue dramatic spade-unfolding scene. Maybe we should make some with a spring for more effect, like spring-knifes... :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
cue dramatic spade-unfolding scene. Maybe we should make some with a spring for more effect, like spring-knifes... :lol:

Actually, the NATO-style spades can be deployed by a single fast movement of the arm and turning the lock. :lol: Which sure also sounds evil.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Real weapon experts know, that the most dangerous weapon deployed by the German Army is the collapsible spade. It is deadly, multi-purpose, easy to use and hard to destroy. It works against humans, trees, tanks, low-flying aircraft and all kinds of padlocks. And you can dig holes with it, too.

That's probably the reason why a friend of mine broke four of them while having to dig a dugout, it's not like the evil Soviets would have airplanes to simply bomb you.
In the end they didn't have any spare spades left so he had to share one with another, also called "Yeah, you're doing this great! Keep digging! Whoops, I just dropped my cigarette..."

Didn't someone brought down a US attack helicopter with an annoyedly thrown hoe during the recent middle east war?
At least, it's a common anecdote here.

I guess if you hit the rotor blades and have one hell of a luck? MYTHBUSTERS!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's probably the reason why a friend of mine broke four of them while having to dig a dugout, it's not like the evil Soviets would have airplanes to simply bomb you.

How can you even break just one of them? :blink: They are nearly undestructable! Mine had only a few notches at the sharp edge from breaking steel parts.

DutchPlayer

Reaction score
1. I want a cup of coffee
2. I want a dutch friend who plays Orbiter
3. Learning mine own language is a waste of time
4. I really want to become a astronaut
5. I want a girlfriend.
6. Sometimes I wished, I never moved...
7. I'm really proud at my self and others.
8. I wished Orbiter was a popular game.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
1. I wish Chuck Norris would round-house-kick me, because I already feel like it. Thank you, dentist.
2. I want a glass of wine.
3. If I place this spade there, link it to a second and then kick there...
4. I am alive!

MattBaker

Reaction score
How can you even break just one of them? :blink: They are nearly undestructable! Mine had only a few notches at the sharp edge from breaking steel parts.

Well, as far as I know they tried to dig into frozen ground, but maybe a time traveller exchanged his spade with an iron shovel out of minecraft, at least they break.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Don't worry too much Nick, with all our talk of guidance systems, probes (Hail Probe!), launchers, and explosives we've probably already made some "watch list" years ago.

Not to mention some of the basement arguments... :shifty:

I think I've got an entrenching tool somewhere out in my workshop. I've never thought about it for home defence, but yeah... It'll do the job, and not nearly as much as a tip-off to the baddies as the cycling of a pump action.

My dad has an E-Tool from WW1...probably would snap in half if you looked menacing at it.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1. I want a cup of coffee
2. I want a dutch friend who plays Orbiter
3. Learning mine own language is a waste of time
4. I really want to become a astronaut
5. I want a girlfriend.
6. Sometimes I wished, I never moved...
7. I'm really proud at my self and others.
8. I wished Orbiter was a popular game.

Responses

1. Then... get a cup of coffee! Easiest item on the list, unless you want it sent from north america :hmm:. It would probably get impounded as some sort of security threat though.

2,4,5, and 8. I think most of us all want those things too, but the odds on all 4 at once are well, astronomical. I would love to see 2 & 5 combined, but those odds are even worse :lol:.

7. Be proud!

:cheers:

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

My dad has an E-Tool from WW1...probably would snap in half if you looked menacing at it.

Family heirloom?