Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My dad has an E-Tool from WW1...probably would snap in half if you looked menacing at it.

Yeah, the steel back then sucked pretty hard when exposed to low temperatures...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
As history tells us, the mods would delete any number-getting anyway, so why bother?
Skipping the 13th floor does not make it 14th.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As history tells us, the mods would delete any number-getting anyway, so why bother?
Skipping the 13th floor does not make it 14th.

Perhaps the number getting was not done in a manner that was random enough....

God forbid we take this thread off topic with orderly counting.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

God forbid we take this thread off topic with orderly counting.

If you have trouble with simple counting, use the following mnemonic device: one comes before two comes before 60 comes after 12 comes before six trillion comes after 504. This will make your earlier counting difficulties seem like no big deal.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

Then i declare this post is the #10000, and so Cras wins the internet.
Can't get more random than that. :)

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Don't worry too much Nick, with all our talk of guidance systems, probes (Hail Probe!), launchers, and explosives we've probably already made some "watch list" years ago.

Not to mention some of the basement arguments... :shifty:

This makes me think that if somewhere, someone is getting paid to keep track of the goings on here, we could be considered 'job creators'.
Where's our tax break?

------------------------------------------

Quote: To paraphrase the 7th Doctor- No, but it can be; in the future, which is the past.

I'm repeatedly amazed at the quality of actors they get to play that role.

Every time they change Doctors, I think the new one can't possibly be as good as the current one, yet, give it a season and I will have exactly the same thought when considering the next new Doctor.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Paul McGann got the short end of the stick. A dismal movie and no series time (but at least he got radio/audio play).

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I hope that all Midwest Orbinauts are OK - huge thunderstorms with tornadoes all over the place right now (in January!) ....... :huh:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I hope that all Midwest Orbinauts are OK - huge thunderstorms with tornadoes all over the place right now (in January!) ....... :huh:

While not impossible - its still a rare event. It has been some time since I last saw a tornado with my own eyes here in northern Germany.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Whaaaaat?

Thunderstorms and tornadoes being so frequent around here you'd hardly ever notice 'em . . . I'd have to say I saw nothing like that up here. Just your garden variety of snow turning to sleet (which ices over everything) and back to snow right before a day-or-two hard freeze (which turns everything into ice).

(Looking again . . . I see the storm front you're talking about. It's walloping everything south of me. Like a gentleman I was talking from Oklahoma said last week: "You keep the snow; I'll keep my tornadoes.")

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I've yet to see snow or tornadoes in Oklahoma. :p (or anywhere else just about...)

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've yet to see snow or tornadoes in Oklahoma. :p (or anywhere else just about...)

You'd love it. A favorite anecdote of a columnist I used to follow -- he used to fly for a regional airline: They used to have a game every time they'd leave a northern state (like New York or Massachusetts) to fly south to Florida. When they landed and pulled up to the gate, one of the flight crew would immediately get out of the plane, run down the staircase, and dig out the snow left in the gear wells from their departure city.

It wasn't hard to form that snow into snowballs, and simultaneously educate the local baggage and aircraft handlers on what snow was all about. ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Seen both in Germany. I prefer snow. Snow is annoying and kills more people in Germany than tornadoes, but it happens more often and the danger of snow is scaling inverse to quantity. One snowflake causes strangely more damage than half a meter of snow in the flat land. OK, I prefer Tornadoes.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Well, looking in that area in Google Earth, it seems that they confused São Paolo with São Paulo de Olivença.

Similar mistakes could be made between Frankfurt and Frankfurt, or London and London.

Yeah, I'm aware of the Amazonas state city, BUT...

São Paulo de Olivença (first part, Portuguese meaning Saint Paul) is a community and a municipality in the state of Amazonas in Brazil. Its population was 28,861 (2005)

====

São Paulo (/ˌsaʊ ˈpaʊloʊ/; Portuguese pronunciation: [sɐ̃w ˈpawlu] ( listen); Saint Paul) is the largest city in Brazil, the largest city in the southern hemisphere and Americas, and the world's eighth largest city by population. The metropolis is anchor to the São Paulo metropolitan area, ranked as the second most populous metropolitan area in the Americas and among the ten largest metropolitan areas on the planet.[3] São Paulo is the capital of the state of São Paulo, which is the most populous Brazilian state, and exerts strong regional influence in commerce and finance as well as arts and entertainment. São Paulo maintains strong international influence and is considered an Alpha World City.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/São_Paulo

Last edited: