Humor Random Comments Thread

Unstung

Reaction score
It's disappointing how the photography thread always dies.

Here are three recent shots from near the campus; I've come a long way:
collegetraffic_by_unstung-d5ub1mh.jpg

blue_evening_by_unstung-d5u6v5f.jpg

lac_noir_by_unstung-d5ub54e.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Shouldn't this era be 480 BC? 50 years earlier?

MattBaker

Reaction score
So Greece will capture the Middle East in 2110 with the tactic of a strong, fast cavalry?
Sounds like the old days with Civilization, where Rome attacks the US...in 1597...with nuclear weapons...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So Greece will capture the Middle East in 2110 with the tactic of a strong, fast cavalry?
Sounds like the old days with Civilization, where Rome attacks the US...in 1597...with nuclear weapons...

You mean the Norse making a massive series of amphibious assaults against the US east coast in 700 AD with submarines and carrier support? :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
And Russian Empire taking over the world by 1200s AD?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I would still invent time travel. Because screwdrivers!

Not just any screwdrivers, mind you. Sonic screwdrivers!

@Artlav - I grew up watching some of the 70's era Doctor every now and then, but never came close to watching them all.

I only recently started watching the 2005-era episodes (10th Doctor), and I must tell you, just as the others have said, it's a great place to start and you really won't feel like you've missed anything. Just get past the first two or three episodes and you'll be hooked.

My girlfriend started watching them 2 nights ago on Netflix, and has already caught up with me in the third season and will probably get far ahead of me tonight.

She watched all three seasons of Warehouse 13 on Netflix in just over 3 days :blink: .

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Not just any screwdrivers, mind you. Sonic screwdrivers!

@Artlav - I grew up watching some of the 70's era Doctor every now and then, but never came close to watching them all.

I only recently started watching the 2005-era episodes (10th Doctor), and I must tell you, just as the others have said, it's a great place to start and you really won't feel like you've missed anything. Just get past the first two or three episodes and you'll be hooked.

My girlfriend started watching them 2 nights ago on Netflix, and has already caught up with me in the third season and will probably get far ahead of me tonight.

She watched all three seasons of Warehouse 13 on Netflix in just over 3 days :blink: .

Tell her to watch Eureka.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score

You mean the Norse making a massive series of amphibious assaults against the US east coast in 700 AD with submarines and carrier support? :lol:

And Russian Empire taking over the world by 1200s AD?

Or 100 camel archers taking down a fully healed attack helicopter.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks, guys . . . I'm re-loading my copy of Civ 4 onto my computer now, after a hiatus of more than five years. :thumbup:

(You see, I respond so well to peer pressure . . . ;) )

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
For the sake of random, i present to you the MicroBook, a tiny, solar powered, open-source ebook reader:
book-2.jpg

Details here:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/book.php?lng=eng

A quick google suggests that it's a world first (from the scratch DIY e-reader, not just software or existing HW/microtouch adaptations), so it's probably quite useless.
Still, someone may find it interesting.

If you've seen something similar, please let me know.