Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The miracle of Amazon... how a 45 x 25 x 25 cm package is turned into a 55 x 40 x 35 cm package, that exceeds the Packstation limits...

Maybe I should not have ordered a small book on spacecraft dynamics as well...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Wait, so real life is pay to win?

Well come to the world of capitalism... but there are three cheat codes, that work against pay-to-win-players in the real world:

"You are entering a world of pain."
"This isn't Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
"Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum!"

Especially the last one is a very powerful spell.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Started playing a Fire Emblem title for the first time. Tutorial message: "You can choose to continue playing if any of your allies fall, but defeated allies will never fight at your side again."

Oh, great. So it's going to be like that. Lots of saving and reloading, I guess. :lol:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Oh, great. So it's going to be like that. Lots of saving and reloading, I guess.
It reminds me of a very annoying messages during fist fights of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioForge"]Bioforge:[/ame]
"Save temporarily disabled" ...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can cure you there...

Well, thanks a lot... it might have worked if you only linked a music clip, but now I can't get rid of those visuals anymore :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, thanks a lot... it might have worked if you only linked a music clip, but now I can't get rid of those visuals anymore :facepalm:

Thats part of the therapy. :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All of this discussion...

You know what would be more interesting IMO? A game where users program a program/script that plays the program for them, and then the winner is whoevers script does the best. Of course non programmers might be turned off by it, but with a simple enough interface...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only problem is, of course, that there is a Python library for that.

Code:
import gaming
import victory

print 'Score: ', gethighscore(win(open('game')))

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
All of this discussion...

You know what would be more interesting IMO? A game where users program a program/script that plays the program for them, and then the winner is whoevers script does the best. Of course non programmers might be turned off by it, but with a simple enough interface...

If you don't let them know that they are programming something, it might work, like having to give orders which are executed without the player having direct control or micromanagement

MattBaker

Reaction score
Dear neighbor,

you're living there alone, how do you wear enough clothes so I can hear your laundry machine for the third consecutive day.
If you want to play that game I'll ask Urwumpe for some hardcore metal, so be prepared.

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Yes it is. To which my answer is "Eher einen Cider".

To be honest I've never heard anyone in Germany ever say "Cider" or "Zider" etc.
In german I know it as "Apfelwein" or "Most", depending how ignorant about the difference you are.

food side note: I feel like it is easier to be vegetarian in Asia than in Europe, at least the Asian place I always get my food seems to be much less meat-based than German restaurants.
I mean you can get noodles everywhere in Germany but 75% of them have meat-containing sauces.
And why do I think of that when I'm not even vegetarian.:facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
To be honest I've never heard anyone in Germany ever say "Cider" or "Zider" etc.
In german I know it as "Apfelwein" or "Most", depending how ignorant about the difference you are.

Actually, we have Cider on our PhoenixCon convention every year. And we call it Cider, because it is Irish Cider... we have a proper supply of alcoholics and of course beer. :lol:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
iUpoRLv.png

I think his feet might be a bit chilly, to be honest.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
iUpoRLv.png

I think his feet might be a bit chilly, to be honest.

N122VU :shifty:

With 58 knot winds during last weeks storm Christian (record was above 100 that day), parking brakes became useless for this AI Pipers, here at Sylt airport (EDXW). The METAR said AD CLOSED for a reason... but who cares. :p

2013-10-28_15-24-11-148.jpg

2013-10-28_16-49-37-893.jpg

MattBaker

Reaction score
Kerbals can survive forever in their spacesuit, so no problem there. Just get it on, jump out and wait for the rescue craft in...10 days.

I guess there are mods against that but landing and rendevouzing again on Minmus with only a jetpack feels much better than aerobraking your way into Duna or Laythe.