Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
So the BBC is taking Nevermind The Buzzcocks off the air after what, ~30 seasons? There's only one person to blame for this...

david-tennant-barrowman.gif

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The moon has had eight failed missions by NASA and two successful? Not from my memory...

8 failed could be correct... but the legend is a bit strange anyway, since hardly anybody else did the 73 moon missions than NASA and Russia.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Trying to replicate Orbiter's dockport-to-dockport transformation in Irrlicht... Oh Martin, you made it look so easy :facepalm:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, if anyone remembers the kiddo that the 'Cruiser family is trying to get custody of (from a few pages back), we head off to court today to find out the news. Last time we stood around (sat around, slouched and paced) for hours only to find that the "State needed more time". So here we go again.

After talking with the moms lawyer, and Brooklyn's Guardian ad litem the parents are definitely being charged with abuse in addition to the drug charges already against them. There's a decent chance that they may get their parental rights terminated altogether. If that happens (and we "win" custody) I'll have a new Jr. Cruiser by days end. Wish me luck ya'll.

:hailprobe:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Well, if anyone remembers the kiddo that the 'Cruiser family is trying to get custody of (from a few pages back), we head off to court today to find out the news. Last time we stood around (sat around, slouched and paced) for hours only to find that the "State needed more time". So here we go again.

After talking with the moms lawyer, and Brooklyn's Guardian ad litem the parents are definitely being charged with abuse in addition to the drug charges already against them. There's a decent chance that they may get their parental rights terminated altogether. If that happens (and we "win" custody) I'll have a new Jr. Cruiser by days end. Wish me luck ya'll.

:hailprobe:

By now the judge ought to have had enough exposure to you guys to make this an easy decision. If your college kid is anything to go by, you hardly need luck!
This kid's home is bad, there are a lot of bad foster homes and foster parents out there too... It should be obvious that a functional home presenting itself is the best choice to get the kid into ASAP.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well the results were in.

The mom wasn't painting the full story (big surprise here right? A meth addict not being truthful). Anyway, they other family hasn't seen Brooklyn but a few times out of the year because the mom wouldn't let them, knowing full well that they'd start acting like the grandparents they are supposed to be and drop the hammer on her. During court all the witnesses were held out in the hall and my daughter was talking to their daughter. Valerie (the mom) was playing the both of us, as was the dad. Scumbags. They burned some bridges with both our families, and we both hope they 1] go to prison like they should, and 2] stay there for a while.

Neither of the lawyers, DHS or the Judge could see anything wrong with placing Brooklyn with either family, but in the end the blood relationship won over. She did (the Judge that is) award us liberal visitation, so we're going to get to see her quite often. Everyone was happy that little Brooklyn had not one, but two awesome families willing to step up and support her. Too often that isn't the case and the poor kids get bounced around the foster care system. Plenty of feels out in the hallway afterward from all parties involved.

So while we weren't awarded custody, we still get to be a big part of her life. The other family said they didn't have a problem at all with us "Brooklyn-napping" her and taking her on vacations with us. I think the women are planning some kind of barbecue-fest here next weekend. It's all going to work out, and Brooklyn is the ultimate winner.

Thanks for all the good words and wishes during all of this. You dudes are awesome!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yo dawg, I heard you like virtual desktops...

2QXZbCf.jpg

Discovering all of the cool things possible with VNC and SSH. :hotcool:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Signing up for microsoft azure: "take a tour of the managment experience while you wait". Seriously, what does that even mean? :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry to ruin the thread's humor for a moment, but I think this is worth reading for anyone unaware of the situation.

From VPOTUS Joe Biden on his son's passing:

11107732_10152906695536538_5219308634082596213_n.jpg

---------- Edit ------------

Speech from Memorial Day 2012. Probably the most moving speech I've ever heard. And the most sincere any politician has ever been.

Last edited:

Unstung

Reaction score
More photos from The Martian movie (contains possible book spoilers so I won't post all of them):

martian-matt-01-800.jpg

the-martian-02.jpg

martian-group-01-800.jpg

Vogel looks close to how I imagined him, maybe because of this astronaut, but unfortunately he's not an actual bird. It looks like Martinez is missing from the crew photo.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The dinosaur lives on ... congratulations to the HSV to stay in the first division of the German Bundesliga for the 52nd year, as only club to play in the Bundesliga since its foundation.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
And I again won a bet with my mother, avid VFB fan, about them again barely saving themselves in the first Bundesliga division.