Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
[Moving this to a separate comment]

Award-winning composer James Horner is reported to have died in a plane crash. (It is known that he loved to fly and owned multiple planes)
I first saw his name associated with the wonderful soundtrack to Apollo 13. He of course won awards for many other blockbusters as well such as Aliens, Braveheart, Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, and Avatar.
RIP.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
[Moving this to a separate comment]

Award-winning composer James Horner is reported to have died in a plane crash. (It is known that he loved to fly and owned multiple planes)
I first saw his name associated with the wonderful soundtrack to Apollo 13. He of course won awards for many other blockbusters as well such as Aliens, Braveheart, Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, and Avatar.
RIP.

He is also the composer for the aerobatic team The Horsemen Cometh, an all warbird aerobatics team...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Pzg7-IUXY"]James Horner Interview about The Horsemen Cometh score - YouTube[/ame]

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The Planetary Society's Kickstarter for the LightSail project has 3 hours left. It has amazingly reached its original goal six times over, and it is currently at 99% of the final stretch goal!
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ail-a-revolutionary-solar-sailing-spacecraft/

Edit: :)
NU6VIK7.png

"UPDATE: ‪#‎LightSail‬ has most backers for a sci/tech project in Kickstarter history, thanks to you. Last chance to take part of this historic mission! Campaign ends this morning 6am PDT/9am EDT"

"BREAKING: ‪#‎LightSail‬ Kickstarter campaign reaches final stretch goal at $1,241,615!"

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Sometimes I absolutely love myself for keeping backups of files.
They're scattered about and typically only have one backup but eventually I find a device with what I'm looking for.

I was dreading rewriting a bunch of code from last summer but I managed to find the latest version of the files on an external hard drive.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You know, you could get yourself an online git/svn repo.

Or just upload the sources to google drive once in a while.

Just sayin'.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
You know, you could get yourself an online git/svn repo.

Or just upload the sources to google drive once in a while.

Just sayin'.
Yeah, that's the thing, the version on Google Drive was old for some reason.
I'm doing SVN but locally, just for versioning. I'll probably move the repo to Google Drive shortly.
I've done SVN on Amazon AWS before. But I don't have any projects worth paying for hosting and I feel less likely to bork my other storage methods.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Here the alleged report.

Tbh many of the points mentioned seem to have to do with further tuning of the control laws required, with the obvious exception of the head movement issues, in addition to the objective being to test the behaviour at high AoA, not to determine wether it would make more sense to stay there during a fight.

It would still be interesting to know the exact fuel load of the F-35 since its internal capacity is 4000 lbs higher than the F-16's internal load plus two external bags. Hope the aircraft isn't being punished for having a larger fuel load.

Last edited:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Well, from the outside, we had already been sure about some limitations (wings, engine, canopy)... but I would never have expected it to be THAT bad.

Agreed. This is the final straw for me. Let the Marines keep theirs for now, but the USAF and Navy need to kill their orders NOW and start over with clean sheet designs.

Honestly, this whole debacle is frighteningly similar to the F-111 program. Seems that the DoD and Lockheed have ignored the history of "Joint" aircraft programs, and it's come back to bite them.