Humor Random Comments Thread

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Well, I don't remember an misconceptions about space in particular but I do remember a trip to the Sydney Opera House when I was about 5 or 6.

The Opera House is isolated right on the end of Bennelong Point and as we approached it on foot we crossed an expansion joint in the paving. Contemplating the purpose of said joint, and thinking that it looked remarkably like the connection between a floating and fixed jetty I had seen earlier in the day, I turned to my grandfather and asked him if the Opera House floated. My family thought this was a hilariously ridiculous question to ask but I still, to this day, think it is a perfectly reasonable inference. :)

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Not so random thought:

My spleen is bile ridden! My last assignment in my English 102 classes were to write an 8 to 10 page persuasive argument essay on whatever they wanted to argue about.

The caveat was that it has to be arguable. For us, this means it has to divide a REASONABLE COMPETENT EDUCATED audience.

I just sat down with an 8 page essay that claims the entire Apollo program was a hoax. The cited sources are questionable at best.

Is it just me, or has this student missed the assignment entirely? My question is does this really divide a competent educated audience, or just dinks trumping the "I believe" card once again?

Someone please shoot me (preferably to the Moon).

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Don't be biased now! I am sure there are many well educated people out there who believe the moon landing is a hoax. I guess you have to dumb yourself down a bit :p

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I actualy obduct cats and dye their fur green or blue jsut to scare ppl

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What a pervert!

ZCochrane

Reaction score
I'm a dyslexic atheist - I don't believe in Dog

LOLOL, reminds me of the dyslexic devil-worshipper:

He sold his soul to Santa!

Warmly,
ZCochrane

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Life is fleeting.

Don't forget to tell people what they mean to you, because it'll hurt worse once you can't.

Me, I'm grieving today. My only aunt on my father's side passed away. Less than three weeks from now I would have seen her, but now....

I wanted to call, but she's been deaf for years and it only frustrated us both.

So - take a moment and tell someone what you really feel. It may be embarrassing, but it's really worthwhile.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I can't seem to get an appropiate time at the computer to maintain my thread. sometimes i could just tie my gf and everybody else to some tower of kind.