Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Highschool starts in like an hour!!! I'm going to die of anxiety, worry, and... I can't think of a third thing, OH NOES!!!!!!! :lol:
lol. My first concern: This school is way too big for me to figure out quickly. :p

Native Son

Reaction score
I was in Indianapolis watching a pair of F-16s performing low level slow flight when all of the sudden an F-22 comes screaming over at 300 feet at 600 MPH. Unannounced. It was beautiful.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've seen the Blue Angels twice at the Evansville Freedom Festival. One of my favorite maneuvers is when they fly over the crowd from behind at supersonic speed. God that's an awesome rush.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
The Blue Angels aren't allowed back to halifax for a while. A few of the fly boys broke airspeed restrictions and altitude limits last airshow. They broke the sound barrier a few times over the city and pissed a lotta people off. Flying under 500 ft is a big no no in a residential area

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I remember I was in Memphis Tennessee when that accident happened, it was just awful.

Meanwhile, I am sweating it out since the air conditioner in my house failed and the repairman says he won't have the part for 3-5 days. It's very hot and humid in the DC area. Fortunately, I've got LostTech: the electric fan. That should help me make through the next few nights sleeping on the couch in my living room. You don't know how dependent you are on something until you lose it.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Yeah... in three days is the 20th anniversary of the reason why we don't allow this here anymore.
The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do fly over the crowd, but only for regular passes. All of the high risk maneuvers are performed in a way that the wreckage would not fall near the crowd.

Cobalt

Reaction score
Girl Talk is a mighty talented individual. Seriously, seriously talented.

W35M4N

Unregistered Non-User
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how did the whole "Hail Probe" thing start?

W35M4N

Unregistered Non-User
Reaction score
Does anyone here live in British Columbia, in Canada? Yesterday, a pickup truck crashed into a sushi restaurant, apparantly intentionally. People saw the truck go really fast into the parking lot, stop, backup, and floor it straight into the front glass window of the restaurant, so fast the front went through the back wall and into the kitchen. Two people died, and six are in the hospital. I don't eat sushi, but it's right beside the supermarket I usually go to, so I could easily have been there when it happened. One of the injured people, a 9 year old boy, I have met and talked to before. I know it's kind of dark but it just really surprised me, it was just so close to home. Apparantly, the driver wasn't very injured because he is in police custody. I don't know if he was on drugs or if it was some kind of suicide attempt but he didn't know any of the people inside, so there doesn't seem to be a motive. I guess more things will be found out as time goes on, it did only happen yesterday.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...29/crash_sushi_080829/20080829?hub=TopStories

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Sounds really weird. To give the driver the benefit of the doubt, he might have had a heart attack or something similar.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Anyone remember rant weekend on the m6 forums?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...You don't know how dependent you are on something until you lose it.

Tell me about it. This is how my Labor Day started out yesterday...

Posted by Amanda Lents -
GIBSON COUNTY, IN (WFIE) - Update: A stray shot from a hunter causes a major communication problem, affecting phone, Internet and cable TV service for thousands of southern Indiana customers.
The incident cut off cable, Internet, and phone service to Insight Communications customers in Gibson County and possibly beyond.
It happened just after 7 am Monday when a group of hunters went out for the first day of dove hunting season.
"I woke up and tried to turn on the TV and nothing. So I went into another room and the same thing," said Union Township Trustee Brenda Sollman.
Insight Communications customers found themselves cut-off this Labor Day.
The cable, Internet, and telephone service provider sent crews to the Fort Branch area where a fiber line was broken.
Crews at the scene tell 14 News this wasn't the first time something like this has happened.
It's not only a headache for the people without service, but also for the crews who work to repair the damage.
The Gibson County Sheriff's Office tells 14 News a group of hunters from Evansville were out in a nearby cornfield, shooting at doves.
The hunters admitted to shooting the line accidentally.
"They had the doves and everything. They had their license, everything was legal, weapons, everything," said Gibson County Sheriff's Deputy Bob Hayes.
Deputies wrote an incident report but no charges are expected.
"Just a mishap that accidentally happened while they were out hunting doves," said Deputy Hayes.
Around 4 pm Monday a representative from Insight Communications told 14 News a crew on the scene in Fort Branch spotted a second and third break in the line, also believed to be from a shotgun.
They are still working to repair the line and restore service.
Other areas affected by this incident include Princeton, Fort Branch, Haubstadt, Jasper, and even the Insight Call Center in Evansville.
GIBSON COUNTY, IN (WFIE) - Previously: Gibson County Dispatchers tell 14 News a dove hunter shot a fiber optical line and knocked out Insight service for several counties.
Dispatchers say Insight customers in Gibson and Dubois counties are without service at this time.

We have a crew on the way and will bring you more information as it becomes available.

© 2004-2008 LSN, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Story posted 2008.09.01 at 05:53 PM EDT
Go To The Story

Internet and Cable TV were out for 11 hours. I was really anxious at first, because I felt like I was cut off from the rest of the world. It was actually kind of nice for a change. The house was much quieter. We grilled out on the patio. It was a nice day. Sure, the wind blew my patio umbrella just right and shattered the glass on the table it was mounted in, but I'm thankful no one was hurt, and the food & company were good. I wish I could share moments like that with everyone in the world...except for the shattering table ;)

W35M4N

Unregistered Non-User
Reaction score
I think I watch too much TV, I'm not fat but I dunno. I read a lot too. I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft lately and it's really good. The only thing I don't like is his extreme racism. I think we should make a "what are you reading right now" thread, like the music one, but I'm not going to bother unless other people want to. Also, should I get Intermod 2? I am intrigued by the hover thruster controls working like the main engine controls, but I don't know what other people had used it thought or if I will have to worry about anything if I just use it for the different hover controls, like if anything else will be changed.

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just spent a month where I had no Internet/phone, but I did have the TV. Now that is a crappy combination.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Flying over the crowd? That would never be allowed in Germany :lol:!

I don't think it should be allowed here either, despite how awesome it is. To my knowledge, this is the only maneuver in their show where they do so. Due to the past disasters at airshows, they have made every effort to ensure the energy of their aircraft is never directed toward the crowd.

HP!