Humor Random Comments Thread

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Here's my nation's discription. I'm in the top 5% of the least corrupt nations!

The Republic of Codzania is a huge, safe nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 645 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Liberty City. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Information Technology.

Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and protests are prohibited from blocking traffic. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Codzania's national animal is the Great White Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Codanu.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Codzania's national animal is the Great White Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests

land-shark-6812-1286765239-39.jpg

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Just because I am still alive does not mean I am not sick of all the horsies I have to see on here. If it has to be horsies, I advise the use of proper horsemasking.
If you can make that work somehow in a newtonian context, great.

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Edit: And my reaction

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

The tadpoles have become more frog-shaped lately:

J2gxn.jpg

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Again, football is a game where 22 players play football for 90 minutes, and in the end the Germans always wins. (well, it took Bayern Munich a little bit more):lol:

Don't truncate the quote: "..., and in the end the Germans always win by penalties".

Good old Gary Lineker, he maybe still has nightmares because of it.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
not mine...but still
bU6kW.jpg

it is 2012...the world is ending :p

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Republic of Mackland
Population: 29.7 million
Government: Parliamentary, British style
Monetary system: Mackdollars

Our biggest industries are mining, oil drilling, and homeowners' insurance:p
The government consists of volunteer legislators. They come in twice a year for about two weeks at a time, during which they pass all the laws. Each member of parliament serves a term of three years and no more, so our legislature has a wicked turn-over rate.

Our constitution is based on the idea that all people are created equal, but might not necessarily stay that way, and that fairness is about where you start, not where you end up. Economic opportunities create a society with just about as many rich as there are poor people. The definition of poor is fairly relative, as the poverty line is &50,000 (that's the symbol for Mackdollars;)) a year, and most people's idea of poor is owning a single-story house instead of a multi-story one. The tax rate is 11% for those below the poverty line, and 15% for those above it.

Crime is higher than in the USM, but not completely out of control, and most of it is "white-collar" non-violent crime: things like prostitution and identity theft scams.

Abortion for any reason is not illegal, but is strongly discouraged, and by deliberate design it's a bureaucratic mess to obtain. It is also disallowed for prostitutes: you bump heels for a living, you accept the risk;)

The military is strong enough to defend us from most attacks. We do have an undisclosed number of nuclear weapons in the form of air-delivered bombs, but only enough to discourage attack (the casualties would outweigh anything you would gain). We also have a navy, consisting of a mix of American and Russian destroyers. The Spruance and Sovremenny classes are particularly popular. Our carrier program is immature but progressing. We have laid the keel for the MNS Vigilant, a ski-jump type carrier that will use F/A-18Cs and MiG-29s.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
not mine...but still
bU6kW.jpg

it is 2012...the world is ending :p

What you're saying is that the windows troubleshooter actually fixed a problem by itself? Sorry, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. A screenshot alone won't do! :lol:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The Holy Empire of Probe Cultists is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 768 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pseudopolis. The average income tax rate is 33%. A robust private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Book Publishing.

Organ donation is compulsory, businessmen have been raging over recent 'gender equality' policies in the workplace, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Probe Cultists to be bombproof. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Probe Cultists's national animal is the Lunokhod, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Moon Rock.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
The Republic of Mylivingroomchair. Following its recent declaration of independence, it became the smallest country in the world, with a land area of roughly 5.75 × 10^-7 square miles. It also has the world's smallest population, which, in 2012, stands at one human citizen.

Unique amongst all nations of the world it is the only one in which the entire populace takes part in government, making it the most democratic society in the world. Due to it's small size, its citizenry works and must find substance outside, its boundaries: its largest imports are food, water, and power. Its largest economic activity is eating and methane production.

Internal crime is nonexistent. Its military defense relies entirely on it being a pocket nation. A space program has been proposed, but the lack of land area is a problem. One solution proposed is to invade and conquer Antarctica....

The official animal of the country is the dust mite, which flourishes across it's entire surface area, and is the only wild species found inside its borders.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Are these random imagined states, or some game?

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Are these random imagined states, or some game?

Just made up. Notice the name of mine:
Republic of Mylivingroomchair

Republic of My/living/room/chair

I think this is on the boundary of being moved to the basement.:lol:

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Nation States indeed. Game that takes you like 5 mins a day and pretty good amount of joy IMO.

My nation: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=probe_cultists

Yeah, used to play it once with other fellow Orbiteers, but it got boring from the point when others stopped to play and you had been more or less alone. With a more active region, it could maybe be more fun to play.