Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
regarding post 13501, is step 5 a deal breaker?

It is just unprofessional. Promote them to management ASAP and let nature solve the problem.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wish I had thought of that myself ........ court case on Monday!!!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually there is a similar tradition related to the statue of the little Mermaid in Kopenhagen.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My Earth science notes had 2 pages devoted to STS-99 and LandSat 7. Much more interesting than groundwater for me. :)

MattBaker

Reaction score
My cooking skills are inversely proportional to the time needed to get to the next place with an Asian food takeaway.

Currently three minutes.

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
My cooking skills are inversely proportional to the time needed to get to the next place with an Asian food takeaway.

Currently three minutes.

Well, you have to factor in a few extra minutes to avoid places like this:
50%lesstendon.jpg

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Several years ago (way before 2009), I tried Orbiter when the textures came in a separate package from the main installation (I didn't know that at the time).

I was confused when everything looked grey/white. I thought that something was wrong with the computer.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Several years ago (way before 2009), I tried Orbiter when the textures came in a separate package from the main installation (I didn't know that at the time).

I was confused when everything looked grey/white. I thought that something was wrong with the computer.

Wow. That must be really ancient history. I first discovered Orbiter around 2005 and don't recall that ever being an issue.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

Wow. That must be really ancient history. I first discovered Orbiter around 2005 and don't recall that ever being an issue.

Orbiter 2003.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
(I didn't know that at the time).

If I remember correctly, it was written explicitly on the Orbiter download pages before download links at that time that the textures package is required. If you thought it's something with the computer, it means you didn't read it.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was written explicitly on the Orbiter download pages before download links at that time that the textures package is required. If you thought it's something with the computer, it means you didn't read it.

I was 10 in early December 2004 and I don't think I immediately read it either. :p

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was 10 in early December 2004 and I don't think I immediately read it either. :p

Oh man, I would have been in grade 7 at the time?...

I really got interested in space in around the time I was in grade 9. To be more specific I had grade 9 business class (aka, learn to use Excel!!!), and I was really into checking APOD & following the travels of the MER-2003 rovers in all of the spare time we had in that class. I half wonder if I found Orbiter at the time & forgot about it, but I probably never noticed it. I wish I had seen this when I had the time for it... :facepalm:

But hey, I found it now!!! :hailprobe:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I ran Orbiter without the texture pack for the first time as well, but in my case it was due to a very slow dial-up connection and reluctance to wait for the rest of it to download. :)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Three very random things I'm wondering:

How many bytes of RAM exist in all the world's computers?

How many bits would it take to address all the RAM in the world? (Of course, it's hardly worth asking this as a separate question given that it can be calculated very straightforwardly from the answer to the first).

At what rate (in bits per year) is the number of bits necessary to address all the world's memory growing?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I won't go into a rant, I won't go into a rant....

I've been a faithful CoD'er from the beginning (Disclosure: I owned BF3, loved the campaign, have hated BF multiplayer since BF1942, BF3 didn't change that for me).

This is, in my opinion, the absolute worst CoD ever made. The campaign is only 6-7 hours long (some say 4-5), and multiplayer is seriously, seriously broken.

Well, I finally got fed up with playing in hacked lobbies, horrible latency compensation, and just an all-around garbage experience compared to Black Ops 2. Less than a week after buying it, I traded Ghosts in tonight for Battlefield 4. 2 matches into BF4 and I can honestly say it's a much better, more balanced game all around.