Humor Random Comments Thread

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That guy was a total psychopathic creep. Absolutely vile.

He reminds me of an arguement I got into with one of my teachers regarding bullying. My point was that multi year non physical bullying and name calling is usually an indicator of a dysfunctional child(victim)...rather than the cause.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No flying this week, so doing the next best thing. A little VFR cross-country from KHNB to KHUF that I will eventually be doing real-world.

On the apron at KHUF after racing the sunset to Terre Haute.
picture.php

Weather provided by ActiveSky NEXT, Also credit for VFR scenery to MegaScenery Earth Indiana (not pictured)

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
My point was that multi year non physical bullying and name calling is usually an indicator of a dysfunctional child(victim)...rather than the cause.

Wait, so the victim is the dysfunctional child?
If so, I would totally buy that...

In a completely random direction, does anyone think that a 10m manned Apollo-style spacecraft is possible? I would like to know your insight/opinions. :thumbup:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Wait, so the victim is the dysfunctional child?
If so, I would totally buy that...

In a completely random direction, does anyone think that a 10m manned Apollo-style spacecraft is possible? I would like to know your insight/opinions. :thumbup:

Why not? It would just a be a tiny bit large for the task and require a pretty huge rocket.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Say hello to the Super Dragon

Falcon+Dragon+Section.jpg

edit: I was thinking Apollo-style as in "a capsule" (but with landing thrusters), not the Command/Service + Lunar module mission profile.

Last edited:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Note with interest the Super Dragon ( post 15687) with room for 40. Looks like the picture says "12 in first class taking up 66% and the other 28 packed into the remaining 33%"

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
edit: I was thinking Apollo-style as in "a capsule" (but with landing thrusters), not the Command/Service + Lunar module mission profile.
Yep, you're right, I was thinking along that. As long as it looked vaguely Apollo.
mem-configuration.jpg

Like this, for example. Incidentally, it's a Mars landing craft, and looks to be almost exactly 10m. PERFECT...

Also, from the Dragon V2 Unveil webcast...
07ba3a2d-3b6a-4539-a32b-a2f6485df169.jpg

I now have the sudden urge to play Orbiter... :thumbup:

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Have you read Stephen Baxter's "Voyage"? (I read it last summer)

Not at all, though I did/do want to. It seems to be realistic with regard to "in-our-lifetime" spaceflight. I don't think a lot of books accurately do this.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Finally! Someone brought this up!

Honestly, I wanted to/was going to make a thread on it, but when I saw that I was relatively late in learning about this particular development (I knew about ISEE-3 for a LONG while), I decided not to do it.

I kind of figured that if someone found it sufficiently interesting, they would start a thread, and I would join in the talking. Unfortunately, that never happened, and even when they got a SAA with NASA, no one said a thing. I really thought it would it would happen with that SAA.

Thus, to our current situation. We need an ISEE-3 Recovery Thread now! :) Anyone want that?

EDIT: Such a thread now exists.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Going from an Earth-Moon L1 halo orbit, to a heliocentric orbit to study comets, and then back again by flying just 50 km above the lunar surface, just... wow.

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Finally! Someone brought this up!

Honestly, I wanted to/was going to make a thread on it, but when I saw that I was relatively late in learning about this particular development (I knew about ISEE-3 for a LONG while), I decided not to do it.

I kind of figured that if someone found it sufficiently interesting, they would start a thread, and I would join in the talking. Unfortunately, that never happened, and even when they got a SAA with NASA, no one said a thing. I really thought it would it would happen with that SAA.

Thus, to our current situation. We need an ISEE-3 Recovery Thread now! :) Anyone want that?

I might do that after Dragon v2 is revealed (Mr. Musk always know at what time to steal others' headlines on spaceflight news websites :rofl:).... :tiphat:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Behold the full power of this fully operational Platypus.