Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tons of personality traits are ingrained (indoctrinated?) between 4 and 7.

developed would be the proper term, because the results actually depend a lot on the child herself. While the environment provides the input, the little buggers already have widely diverging methods of interpreting and integrating that input. Part of that is actual genetics, and part of it is the already accumulated expierience. The older a child gets, the more important the accumulated expierience and its interpretation will become in the integration of new expieriences.

So yeah, you're getting her in the most formative years of her live, but you have to watch her model of integration, so to speak, because there might be a lot of misinterpretation when she tries to understand your actions based on the situation she's used to. But you already raised a kid, so you're probably more familiar with that stuff than I am :lol:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yours are 3, the best is yet to come. Muahahahahahahaha (cough cough) hahaha!

Since I had a girl, and a girly-girl at that, parts of it were fairly easy. I was the oldest of 4 boys, they become walking stomachs around age 11. No leftovers in our household.

I imagine little Brooklyn will be a bit confused with the drastic change in household. Coming from two parents that fight constantly, (with regular interruptions from guys with blue and red lights on the top of their cars) to ours. The Mrs. Cruiser and I lovingly engage in verbal jousting. But if you've ever seen "Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond or the current Last Man Standing; it's very much like that.

We've both had friends comment on how jealous they are of our relationship. I don't know what the big deal is. She and I do work at it. Marriage isn't like dating, dating is easy (and short term). Marriage is some pretty serious stuff. In just a short while the Mrs. Cruiser will have had my last name more than she's had her maiden name. Hopefully we will be able to give Brooklyn a system reset and she can see how it's kinda supposed to be?

Not to lie, I'm a bit anxious and worried about it. I never want to think that anyone is so far gone that they can't be brought back. But this won't be easy.

On the plus side. She loves spaghetti, and I make some really, really good spaghetti. Bribery isn't beneath me (but I won't negotiate with a terrorist).

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Say hello to my first pose drawing. Her name is Alexandria and she is a 16th century merchant/pirate badass with a cutlass.

hPlLbUg.jpg

Been trying to work on poses and they're a tad bit difficult. Do have to note that those are probably the 'best' hands and feet I've ever drawn. That speaks volumes of my quality in drawing those things. :lol:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This has been around almost since the world wide web (the Vietnam War reference is by now a bit dated), but it's still funny"

Rules for Dating my Daughter

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open-minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilising a barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:
- Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool.
- Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.
- Places where there is darkness.
- Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness.
- Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.
- Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme re to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been, but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine."

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been, but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

You sure that wasn't written by PC?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Her name is Alexandria and she is a 16th century merchant/pirate badass with a cutlass.

A falchion, actually. It gets wider (and therefore heavier) towards the tip ;)

Ok, sorry about that. Learning to draw is hard. That's why I never did it. Keep it up! :lol:

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
A lovely way to spend the last few months after getting back from vacation in Europe...getting hit by a truck and stuck in the hospital for a few weeks. :dry:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A lovely way to spend the last few months after getting back from vacation in Europe...getting hit by a truck and stuck in the hospital for a few weeks. :dry:

Sounds like you got too much used to European boring traffic standards for survival...

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Clearly you have never been to crete. Or Italy. In crete is was a case of "Drive as fast as everyone else is going". Then when the tarmac gave out, it was "Drive as fast as you feel safe."

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Clearly you have never been to crete. Or Italy. In crete is was a case of "Drive as fast as everyone else is going". Then when the tarmac gave out, it was "Drive as fast as you feel safe."

Wasn't Italy like Russia? Who has the louder horn or blue light flashing has the right of way?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

No new corporate identity, but simply cloned the current tile-like design approach... nothing really new, since quite many websites already did so before.

Also, I fail to see any new content there - or at least putting some of the many, many older contents into perspective.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Wasn't Italy like Russia? Who has the louder horn or blue light flashing has the right of way?

And as a pedestrian crossing the road is only advised while carrying a brick you could throw through someone's windshield?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And as a pedestrian crossing the road is only advised while carrying a brick you could throw through someone's windshield?

Or remember Van Halen.

JUMP!

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New item in the category "things so silly I'm genuinely surprised they don't exist": An epic choir arrangement for "Lorem ipsum..."

---------- Post added 04-22-15 at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-21-15 at 07:28 PM ----------

An investigation into the sudden plunge of the Serbian president's plane has shown that it was because the co-pilot spilled coffee on the instruments panel, aviation authorities said Tuesday.

http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe...used-coffee-spill.html#.1258-stage-subhero1-1

And there I was, thinking it was because he dropped a cigarette. How unfair of me... :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I am a mantis shrimp...

"Mysterious and beautiful, you're not afraid to use your powerful claws to attack, stun and dismember prey. "

Which animal are you? :lol:

https://g.co/doodle/qja95k

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, that was a bit surprising...

You're a woolly mammoth!So unique, you're technically extinct. But on the bright side, scientists hope to be able to clone you some day!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Seems legit.
You're a komodo dragon! You have an appetite for life – as well as the ability to swallow an entire goat.