Humor Random Comments Thread

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Raspberry Pis are more resilient than expected. They underwent a change in environment temperature from -40 to 80 degree Celsius within two weeks, all the while doing operations on an external file system, without any apparent hickups. Let's see if they'll still be running after a week at 85... :stirpot:

In the Raspbian Linux distro the overclocking options on boot can be done by a software command running "sudo raspi-config" without voiding the warranty.[24] In those cases the Pi automatically shuts the overclocking down if the chip reaches 85 °C (185 °F), but it is possible to override automatic over-voltage and overclocking settings (voiding the warranty); an appropriately sized heatsink is needed to keep the chip from serious overheating.

Will probably run, but you should check if you'll be voiding the warranty. You could also look around to see if you can add a DIY heat sink to the processor, that's if the ambient temperature isn't 80°C and you have somewhere to dump the heat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Performance_of_first_generation_models

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
picture.php

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Will probably run, but you should check if you'll be voiding the warranty.

Very considerate, but we're not actually looking to preserve it. We need to know what these things can take to save costs in the future. They were a research investment as soon as they entered that cabinet... :p

APDAF

Reaction score
Bloody hell...

That is almost as awesome as the film...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Today, 75 years ago, the Bismarck was sunk.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Hey, it's been five years since I arrived here in this corner of the internet.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, it's been five years since I arrived here in this corner of the internet.

:hello:
Arrived at the Orbiter neighborhood around this time in 2008... Actually I don't know when I joined this very corner, but I know I was on the French forum some time before that.

Does that make me feel old? Probably...

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Completely unrelated: Why do OSX and Linux distros handle font rendering so well, and yet have Windows look so crappy? Using Roboto Mono in VS Code while in Ubuntu renders beautifully, when in Windows it's just crap... And overall, everywhere text is drawn, it looks so much better in Ubuntu than it does in Windows...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I feel like a sinner... somehow, I have strange thoughts lately, treacherous thoughts. I know it is a heresy, but...

Can Axl Rose really be the best singer that AC/DC ever had? :hail:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I feel like a sinner... somehow, I have strange thoughts lately, treacherous thoughts. I know it is a heresy, but...

Can Axl Rose really be the best singer that AC/DC ever had? :hail:

This forum needs a dislike button! :sick:

Not that it matters, that band can hardly call itself AC/DC anymore, aside from Angus and Cliff Williams, everyone else is a recent replacement. Malcom got sick and retired, Brian had to retire, and Phil Rudd got himself into prison for trying to take out a hit on somebody (drummers :rolleyes:).

Technically Angus is the only original.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Huh... somehow ended up with lawful good. My general attitude is much closer to chaotic good, really. The questionaire doesn't really differentiate between a sense of duty imposed by oneself and a sense of duty imposed by an authority (for example, the "poison a king" question clearly lacked the option "it depends on the king..." :lol:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Code:
[U]Alignment:[/U]
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Kinda mixed really, but apparently Neutral Good came out on top. Not sure how with my answers ...