Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's not a drawback inherent in a particular activity, though! ?

You have no idea. From "OK, no new assignments in JIRA." - "Lets code some LANTR" to "Let us go outside and make bubbles." and "Can you take care of my dog."

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

I do hope that is a replica, something faintly disturbing about it.

Looks to have a Yagi aerial on the side of the locomotive. On-board cameras?

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Adds everywhere on the net nowadays, I filter them out so efficiently I hardly even notice them.
Today one did manage to catch my eye though (after having spent at least 15 minutes reading on the page, which is half my job nowadays it seems).
It boldly proclaimed "This device will reduce your power bill by 90%!"

I just had had to quickly stop and consider the possibilities:
  • Most likely, the device doesn't work, and you are frauds and should be in jail.
  • The device works by manipulating your electricity counter, and you are criminals and should be in jail.
  • The device works by simply cutting the power 90% of the time, and I guess you're technically not frauds then, because it does do as advertised in a legal manner?

It's kinda funny how the only possibility that does not involve fraud is also the one that would be the most annoying to the user...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just took me about 4 hours to add a new branch from Orbiter's repo into my fork... somehow I didn't throw the computer out the window. ?
How isn't this "automated" like updating a branch?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
@Urumpe’s cat?

Its moving, it can't be mine. Mine just got suddenly tired after my son discovered a living mouse under his bed.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
When I was a kid, our cat brought home a snake . . . my mother almost moved out . . . then she took care of it with her .22 rifle . . . the snake, not the cat.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
When I was a kid, our cat brought home a snake . . . my mother almost moved out . . . then she took care of it with her .22 rifle . . . the snake, not the cat.

We still fear it to bring home a living rat. We have no idea, how this can even be possible. But our cat is very creative....

If this happens, we will move out and leave the home to the cat....

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
From what I gather, cats think humans are big dumb animals who've forgotten how to hunt. That's why they bring us things.
My old cat regularly brought mice, snakes, rats, rabbits, birds, etc. to leave as prizes. I miss that old guy. He was a good friend.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What I do on 3 AM in the night... luring a mouse out of a boot and return it to the wild...

20210904_025140.jpg

A big healthy girl, we discovered her today by chance. Big thank you to my cat for at least attempting home office this night. And now some sleep, this weekend is First Communion here.

(Disclaimer: Yes, this new section of my library is still unsorted.)

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Careful, they can chew right through that plastic. One chewed my plastic bin to get birdseed inside.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Careful, they can chew right through that plastic. One chewed my plastic bin to get birdseed inside.

I know, but this one already got returned into the wild - also the plastic is quite bite resistant and offers little surface to chew on. We already had a lot of mice temporarily in this transport box, without issues. We have another transport box for hamsters, that didn't even survive the first mouse.

The mouse family is in a regular storage box made of softer plastic (with holes for ventilation drilled into it), there is a small risk. But they are of the common vole species, they are far less aggressive and quite easy to handle (But can still bite you. Contrary to the house mouse though, they feel terribly sorry about the inconvenience). The family now lives in a tiny wooden hamster house and one week after birth, some of the more active young mice come out and explore the box. Next Sunday, we will free them as well, the five young should be old enough then to survive the action. The mother consumes about 1/3 of a apple per day plus some protein food.