News Russia eyes Soyuz upgrades for mission around the moon

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I wouldn't be too worried about tourism replacing the "spirit of adventure" that is space exploration. We've explored LEO and gone around the Moon before, there's nothing left to explore there. Landing on the Moon and Mars is a different story, and one you're not likely to see commercial companies do for a long time.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I feel like there are much more noble causes that could draw humans back to the Moon.

Well, there's noble causes, and then there's real causes... :shifty:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I don't mind the idea of space tourism. If someone wants to dump millions of money units into a space program to stimulate faster hardware development cycles and make space flight more "mundane", I'm all for it. I'm going to start saving up for a budget trip to the moon when I turn 75... or at least a nice orbital flight. More humans in space!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't mind the idea of space tourism. If someone wants to dump millions of money units into a space program to stimulate faster hardware development cycles and make space flight more "mundane", I'm all for it. I'm going to start saving up for a budget trip to the moon when I turn 75... or at least a nice orbital flight. More humans in space!

I agree there. Its maybe the best way to attract funding from the rich and lazy. You can't expect the richest 1% of the world to fund something because it would advance humanity - such people are not as smart and benevolent as they think of themselves.