OHM Sovietic Lunar Program

-FedeX-

Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
The autopilot is still a crap, because it's made for Cape Canaveral. In the next relase, i think will be fixed! ;) Anyway, thrusts and weights are all ok!

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor_D

Reaction score
So, I gave it a try and I had a lot of fun with it :thumbup:

A few comments:

1) some sort of documentation would be nice. I figured out what to do, but others might be clueless as to how to execute the mission. Also, I had to use the scenario editor to refill my fuel tanks, otherwise I'd never have enough fuel to get out of the low Earth orbit. It would be useful to provide some hints.

2) the meshes act weird, at least with my Orbiter2010P1. The LK lander won't stand on its legs, it always falls over once it touches the lunar surface (that was disappointing - I managed a perfect landing on the first try only to see my LK topple over and fall to its side. Meh :blink: )
The same with the re-entry capsule (which doesn't have a parachute, BTW) - its aerodynamic behaviour was very strange, it acted more like an aeroplane.
Is that normal, or is there something wrong on my side?

3) the reaction/translation controls are too powerful, imo.

---
Anyway, I hope you continue working on this :hello:

GigaG

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, but I have some issues-

No autopilot
No Parachutes
Descent module will re-enter rounded end first, rather than the heat shield forward.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it wont install in my orbiter folder
Well that's helpful information!!

There's not much we can do unless you tell us more about what's happening on your end, unless you'd like us to start divining some troubleshooting help. Because you know, we can do that. :crystalball:

flyingkorolevR7

Vietcong Guerrilla
Reaction score
Well that's helpful information!!

There's not much we can do unless you tell us more about what's happening on your end, unless you'd like us to start divining some troubleshooting help. Because you know, we can do that. :crystalball:

it does not show up in orbiter simulation scenarios after i install it in orbiter directory

diogom

Reaction score
Did you open the .rar file, and copy the subfolders "Config" "Scenarios" etc.. inside the folder "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" into the Orbiter directory? Or did you just copy the "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" folder into the Orbiter directory?

Last edited:

flyingkorolevR7

Vietcong Guerrilla
Reaction score
Did you open the .rar file, and copy the subfolders "Config" "Scenarios" etc.. inside the folder "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" into the Orbiter directory? Or did you just copy the "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" folder into the Orbiter directory?

i copied the file into the orbiter directory

diogom

Reaction score
i copied the file into the orbiter directory

The .rar, or the "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" folder? You need to copy the individual folders, "Config", "Meshes", "Textures" and "Scenarios" located inside "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" into the Orbiter directory

flyingkorolevR7

Vietcong Guerrilla
Reaction score
The .rar, or the "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" folder? You need to copy the individual folders, "Config", "Meshes", "Textures" and "Scenarios" located inside "ProgrammaLunareSovietico" into the Orbiter directory

thanks i will try that now

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

it doesnt work when i try to open the file it tells me windows can not open file

Xavier

Reaction score
I am having 2 issues with trying to run this addon.
I am running Orbiter 2010, and I have vinkas multistage2 and spacecraft3

#1, during staging the discarted stages seem to disappear. They don't fall back or break away.

#2, I cannot jettison the last stage, I have a crash to desktop.

*FIXED*

I installed Orbiter 2010 P1 patch, and I got the latest of spacecraft3 and multistage2.

Last edited: