OHM Soyuz FG/U v1.2

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Hm, I'm having some problems with this one. When I try to launch any scenario in the soyuz folder I get the following message.

"?clbkRenderHUD@vessel3@@[different blahblah several times]"

Is it the whole error message, or is it saying that this function is missing?

Is it exactly this string in that message?:
Code:
?clbkRenderHUD@VESSEL3@@UAEXHPBUHUDPAINTSPEC@@PAX@Z
If so, then it's this function:
Code:
virtual void VESSEL3::clbkRenderHUD (int mode, const HUDPAINTSPEC * hps, SURFHANDLE hDefaultTex)

Sar

Reaction score
It's exactly this

Code:
?clbkRenderHUD@VESSEL3@@UAEXHPBUHUDPAINTSPEC@@PAX@Z

And I currently have VC++ 2010 and I have MS .net framework 4.0

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
EDIT: After further research I have found that this function is present in Orbiter 100830. It was added in Beta 100704. (I just searched for it in install verification tool instead, d'oh).

Try to reinstall Orbiter from the full 100830 package.

Last edited:

Sar

Reaction score
Thanks. It works perfectly now that I actually have the correct orbiter installed... Apparently it doesn't hurt to actually install the correct version and not the older one.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thorton, I can't thank you and igel enough for your fabulous Soyuz/ISS series add ons. These are the add-ons I've been waiting for, for years.

I'm a big Soyuz fan, and the more I use your add ons the more impressed I am. THANK YOU!!! :hailprobe:

markweasal

Reaction score
additions

hear are some sugestons for the next version
1.add the "stk" fairing to the fairing options
2. make a pad mesh of the "els" pad in kourou with scenery built into the program
3. get rid of the "pad locks on bikonour" problem incase we want to launch from palestek(the other main russian spaceport) or kourou

Last edited:

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hear are segjestons for the next version
1.add the stk fairing to the fairing options
2. make a pad mesh of the els pad that has korou els senery built into the program
3. get rid of the pad locks on bikonour problem incase we want to launch from palestek or kourou
4. relese it the day the soyuz stk flies for real out of french guianua

Looks like English is not your best friend.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Looks like English is not your best friend.

hear are segjestons for the next version
1.add the stk fairing to the fairing options
2. make a pad mesh of the els pad that has korou els senery built into the program
3. get rid of the pad locks on bikonour problem incase we want to launch from palestek or kourou
4. relese it the day the soyuz stk flies for real out of french guianua
My attempt at a translation:

1. Add the Soyuz STK fairing to the Fairing Options
  2. Make the Kourou ELS pad with scenery
  3. Get rid of the lock that prevents us from launch anywhere else except for Baikononur such as Plesetsk or Kourou
  4. Release it the day of the first Soyuz STK launch from Kourou

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
My attempt at a translation:

1. ...
  2. Get rid of the lock that prevents us from launch anywhere else except for Baikononur such as Plesetsk or Kourou

With only this annoying thing corrected, I´ll be really happy.

Mister Mxyzptlk

Reaction score
Soyuz FG is truly an artistic accomplishment!

I made some errors in assumption when I flew my first mission with this addon, but now after docking TMA20 at ISS with 43% fuel left I am looking forward to undocking and reentry with this monumental piece of work. This Soyuz FG is hands down the most elegant addon I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Ultimate kudos to Thorton and whoever else is responsible for the hard work and attention to detail that went into this beautiful experience.

sergsh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great add-on, thx for realistic launch and flight sequinces. :thumbup: Special for this soyuz i planned add more realistic sounds, and some payloads (like sci probes, example Venus and Mars Express...).

astronut220

A dude in space
Reaction score
UMMU! ADD UMMU! Or i will cry! like this! :cry:

Other than that, nice addon.

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3509"]UMMUFA v.2.0[/ame] ...

As for crying: Moscow doesn't believe your tears (Москва слезам не верит)

Nice is a nice understatement BTW...

TG626

Reaction score
Website
www.federalproductions.com
I made some errors in assumption when I flew my first mission with this addon, but now after docking TMA20 at ISS with 43% fuel left I am looking forward to undocking and reentry with this monumental piece of work. This Soyuz FG is hands down the most elegant addon I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Ultimate kudos to Thorton and whoever else is responsible for the hard work and attention to detail that went into this beautiful experience.

PLEASE WRITE A TUTORIAL!! Best I've done is 18% left.... :(

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
More than 50% is possible.

- Use Align MFD and Map MFD to get a good launch window.

- You should set the launch time 300-400 seconds before the rotation of the Earth brings you under the node. This is critical. When the third stage burns out, the Rinc should be < 0.1° Not a drama if the Rinc is < 0.5°, but you'll waste fuel. Critical if Rinc > 0.5°, mission abort if Rinc > 1°

- Once in orbit, set the rendez-vous with the ISS so that it should take 2-3 days to sync orbits. Small Rinc corrections will be needed.

- Use the "Impulse" modes for the RCS. The "continuous" mode should be reserved for final docking approach, it consumes a lot of fuel. When you use the joystick, you use the continuous mode.

- Know that the RCS thrusters have a lower ISP than the main engine. Prefer the 300N or 700N thrust mode to RCS translation forward.

TG626

Reaction score
Website
More than 50% is possible.

- Use Align MFD and Map MFD to get a good launch window.

- You should set the launch time 300-400 seconds before the rotation of the Earth brings you under the node. This is critical. When the third stage burns out, the Rinc should be < 0.1° Not a drama if the Rinc is < 0.5°, but you'll waste fuel. Critical if Rinc > 0.5°, mission abort if Rinc > 1°

- Once in orbit, set the rendez-vous with the ISS so that it should take 2-3 days to sync orbits. Small Rinc corrections will be needed.

This is what I need a tutorial for, I have no idea how to do these things... :sos:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
LaunchMFD can do the maths for you.

It doesn't work with the D3D9 client but you can use it with the default client, find the perfect launch date (in MJD) and switch back to the D3D9 client.

TG626

Reaction score
Website
What's a D3D9 client? (I know what a client is, just not a D3D9 one...)

Are you saying that it CAN'T be done using the scenarios that Thorton included with the ISS for Soyuz?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Uh no, not at all. :)

client = Graphic client. That's a plugin (an addon) that enable to enhance the graphics.

The default orbiter distribution 3D engine relies on D3D7. D3D7 is the software that gives graphical instructions to the graphic card. D3D9 is a newer version, that offers better effects and mostly, a much better framerate. It also allows to use more functions of the recent graphic cards, relieving the CPU. :blahblah:

Of course things are more complex than that but well, that are the great lines.

If you don't use D3D9, you can use LaunchMFD. No problem ! :thumbup:

Another thing you can do is to familiarize with launch windows using the default DeltaGlider, that allows you errors, contrary to the Soyuz which is very realistic.