fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
er-00010.png

If you are looking for Eridanus, don't miss this real time mission:

http://www.livestream.com/orbiterlivemissions

Interceptor

Reaction score
I am really looking foward to this addon,and no offence taken Fausto,I just thought it was kind of weird that you called us all dumb for no reason.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
i didn't mean smart but fast, as i told you some posts ago.. however not to be smart isn't equal to dumb, i think..

Ark

Reaction score
Been playing around with the beta posted above. I like everything but the proximity alarm that goes off any time you're near any other vessel. Is there going to be a way to shut it off?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Yes.. you have to open the nose cone! This alarm is a warning in order to avoid bow destruction!

Ark

Reaction score
Yes.. you have to open the nose cone! This alarm is a warning in order to avoid bow destruction!

Yeah, but if I used Universal Cargo Deck to put a custom payload in the bay, I don't want to listen to that alarm blaring all the way to the ISS. Or if it's sitting on top of a different launch vehicle, or if I have an EVA underway, or if I'm performing a satellite inspection or retrieval. The alarm shouldn't go off any time you're within x distance of ANY vessel.

And come on, dude, we're smart enough to open the nose cone before we dock.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
And come on, dude, we're smart enough to open the nose cone before we dock.

It's not a matter of smart or dumb, it's an alarm to avoid to forget the nose cone to open during approach maneuvre.. sometimes you are so concentrated that you forget it at all!

However, the problem you refer to is real.. i wrote the code in a way that alarm doesn't activate when the payload is stored in the cargo bay, but it does not take in account cargo deck related ones (even if the new beta release allows user to simpy manipulate cargo bay payloads).. we are talking about inserting a sound turn-off option in the code..

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
It's not a matter of smart or dumb, it's an alarm to avoid to forget the nose cone to open during approach maneuvre.. sometimes you are so concentrated that you forget it at all!

However, the problem you refer to is real.. i wrote the code in a way that alarm doesn't activate when the payload is stored in the cargo bay, but it does not take in account cargo deck related ones (even if the new beta release allows user to simpy manipulate cargo bay payloads).. we are talking about inserting a sound turn-off option in the code..

I don't know that much about code, but it stands to reason that a scenario file line to disable the alarm or something would be fairly straightforward to implement.

What's the new payload system like? I had been expecting basic Shuttle Fleet-like attachment points.

Dores

Reaction score
Hi all,

Things have went quiet on this thread for a little while...

I was wondering if there will be another beta release or just the final?

Really looking forward to flying Eridanus!

All the best,

Dores :)

Reaction score
Dores, Fausto is now on vacation. As soon as he will return home, he will release a new (I guess the last one) internal beta, and as soon we will end to write the documentation (around mid september) we will release the final version.

Dores

Reaction score
Ah!

Thanks for letting me know :D

Looking forward to it!

All the best,

Dores :)

Reaction score
Fausto came back home, so we are proceeding with the evaluation of the last and (repeat, I suppose) definitive beta. Stay tuned. :thumbup:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Our last internal beta was completed and almost tested.. we took in account some orbinauts suggestions, like the proximity alarm sound switch off button.. we hope to give a release date very soon!

Ark

Reaction score
Our last internal beta was completed and almost tested.. we took in account some orbinauts suggestions, like the proximity alarm sound switch off button..!

Muchas gracias, amigo! :thumbup: