Idea Space Program/Commercial Company/Orbinomics

Dores

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering whether there was a project in which you 'buy' your vessels? So, for instance, you are doing an ISS Re-Supply run and you are awarded however many £/$/e and with that you have to purchase the vehicle, fly it there and bring it back?

I know of Orbitrader but I was wondering whether anyone knew of something closer to what is described above?

Does anyone have any Idea how to implement it? I suppose it could be a stand-alone program.

I was playing 'Race To Space' and thought it'd be great if you had an economics engine in orbiter (I usually 'pretend' I am running a commercial space company anyway in game...)

All the best,

Dores :)

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I found this:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633099

Does anyone know if it is still in development?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Dores

Reaction score
Thanks Garyw,

Had a look round the site - very nice :)

Does it run as a VA? Like are there members?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Thanks - it still needs an awful lot of work.

For now, I think the only orbiter ecomomics that can be done are things on paper similar to what I've done (and I blame samuel edwards for putting the idea into my head. :lol:)

My VSA site is a closed VSA - i.e. I am the only member and the reason for this is simply because work often gets in the way of planning and flying missions. I've just gotten back to it after almost four months away and thats no way to run missions.