space sims

spcefrk

AeroEng
Donator
Reaction score
If you have just used it in the past an it was the landing phase, that's all this Sim is/was.

I'm not 100% sure what the legal status is, regarding it as Abandonware. I think underdogs has it. But download DOSBox and run it from there.

The demo I had allowed you to land at KSC but it had lots of other buttons for setting up an approach at edwards and changing the weather conditions, etc... I just could never use them because it was a demo :( and I didn't have the several thousand dollars to buy the full version...

I'll go check out underdogs though... Thanks :speakcool:

gawinnard

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
desktopsimmer.blogspot.com
AFAIK only the landing stage was made available to the public.

[edit]
Binary Star Ltd, are still around.
http://www.binarystarltd.com/index.html
shame that they don't sell to the public and home user market: "Please note that BSL products are not intended for home or personal use." I know that the graphics are much, but I wonder if the 'physics' are as good as simulators get?

[edit2]
My wife just reminded me that I have have of flown the landing sim at the "US Astronaut Hall of fame" near KSC, but it looks slight different for some reason (watch the video). The only thing that was annoying was the kid that ran into me as I was flaring....

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
"I've found her" - a Babylon 5 space shooter, with very realistic physics and
good optics.

Not a big B5 fan, but I take it that "realistic physics" refers to ships moving as Newton says they should in space? Do you have a link?

vinny5000

Reaction score
I'm a space flight fan, too! I've used activision's Space shuttle: A journey into space for the Atari 2600 in1985, I've used Activision's space shuttle: A journey into space for commodore 64 in 1987, I've used Sir Tech's space combat simulator in 1989, I've used Microsoft's space flight simulator in 1995, now in 2013, I'm using orbiter on a laptop, I'm using space engine on one desktop PC, I'm using the bus simulator on the other desktop PC, and I'm using the airplane simulator on the other desktop PC which have the real avionics stack, rudder pedals, and the flight console. I'm into flight and space sims since when I was 13 years old, and I'm gong to be 40 years old in April!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Says website coming soon...
There's an explanation: http://ifhgame.ru/
DEAR FRIENDS, PLAYERS, FANS AND FOLLOWERS! THIS IS A TEMPORARY REDIRECT PAGE!
OUR HOST, FIRSTONES.COM, WAS UNDER MASSIVE HACKING ATTACK FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS.
NOW IT IS DOWN. AT THIS TIME, IT IS UKNOWN HOW SOON IT IS GOING TO BE BACK ONLINE.
IN THE MEAN TIME, YOU ARE KINDLY INVITED TO JOIN OUR UNOFFICIAL FORUMS HERE!
FOLLOW THIS LINK AND PLEASE REMAIN CALM!
THANK YOU!​
That page links to B5:IFH forums.

The game was great when I played it last time. There was 2nd chapter (or was it 1st chapter after "I've Found Her" being prologue? :hmm:) in progress to be released. I'm not sure it was released or not, though.