Update Spaceports, R-9, First in Space and Soyuz

Mantis

Reaction score
I just installed Thornton's ISS and the Soyuz scenario I was trying now has basically the same error as the R9 scenarios. It sounds like the issue you identified is the likely cause.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I've now rebuilt ant replaced new versions files on Orbithangar, for all four addons. Please try them, sorry for those extra troubles...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I tried the Soyuz with Orbiter 2016, installed Spaceports 1.2 + Thorton's ISS v3.2. I'm using the last version of Jarmonik's D3D9 client.

I get the launchpad and the rocket, but the whole planet earth is grey-ish. Textures are not displayed. All "vanilla" Orbiter scenarios work perfectly (terrain + textures).

Also, for some reason, the Soyuz guidance went off-course at some point, flying horizontal at maybe 10 kilometers of altitude, leading to a catastrophic failure. Crew lost, sorry, the LES didn't even trigger :(

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
N_Molson, -it looks like you are missing the actual textures, they are loaded from another old addon, "Baikonur 2010: Surface Tiles". Even though name says 2010, they still work (sort of) in 2016. This is all listed in the doc file.- - cross that. I now remember that these tiles don't have any effect in 2016. I think they _do_ work in compatibility mode... but that mode only works in native Orbiter client, not in DXD9

As for autopilot screw-up... I saw this behaviour occasionally due to its sensitivity to being perfectly vertical at takeoff. Have you fully disabled surface elevation in 2016? I also have the full procedure documented in the doc files, especially in "Common VesselM Features" manual. With surface elevation enabled, the launchpad will inevitably "stand" at an ever-so-slight angle on the ground, and rocket won't be vertical at takeoff, and autopilot won't capture proper direction (and will likely fly backwards).

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As for autopilot screw-up... I saw this behaviour occasionally due to its sensitivity to being perfectly vertical at takeoff. Have you fully disabled surface elevation in 2016? I also have the full procedure documented in the doc files, especially in "Common VesselM Features" manual. With surface elevation enabled, the launchpad will inevitably "stand" at an ever-so-slight angle on the ground, and rocket won't be vertical at takeoff, and autopilot won't capture proper direction (and will likely fly backwards).

Still no luck even without "Surface Elevation". As you say the rocket heads roughly 270 and goes horizontal.

N_Molson, -it looks like you are missing the actual textures, they are loaded from another old addon, "Baikonur 2010: Surface Tiles". Even though name says 2010, they still work (sort of) in 2016. This is all listed in the doc file.- - cross that. I now remember that these tiles don't have any effect in 2016. I think they _do_ work in compatibility mode... but that mode only works in native Orbiter client, not in DXD9

I found a way around, by loading the default "Sol" System instead :

Code:
BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT
  System Sol
  Date MJD 55663.33194
END_ENVIRONMENT

That way it works, even with D3D9 :cool: Well, the launchpad looks half-buried in the ground.

Last edited:

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
N_Molson, I can't figure out what setting in 2016 can cause textures problem. With default or custom Solar System, I have the same: custom Baikonur meshes are not loaded, but at least the planet looks normal. I use highest level ot textures (19) but a lightweight setup, with whichever Earth textures were in the Orbiter zip file (about 1G in Textures\Earth\Archive).

Autopilot glitch - check a non-disabled atmospheric wind option for another possible culprit. This one will knock rocket off-course as surely as non-level pad!

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get Luna-9 to work right. The main braking engine fails to light. When I select the scenario where it is already lit, the cut-off for the parachuting sequence seems to be a bit early as the spacecraft is a tad high and results in the main spacecraft exploding upon lunar contact. I think this is because the landing site in Orbiter 2016 is below the level of the original Lunar surface from Orbiter 2006 and 2010.