SPACEX'S FALCON 9 ON LAUNCH PAD AT CAPE CANAVERAL

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know, do they intend to use fancy springs for separating the stages on this rocket too?

Yes. The separation system is a scaled up version of the Falcon 1 system. They gotta make sure all their engines stopped firing before they try to separate...

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I can't help it but to me Falcon 9 looks like an overlarge dildo. I don't like the design.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Moonwalker said:
can't help it but to me Falcon 9 looks like an overlarge...

What is the point of this comment? It looks just like any other rocket with an oversize fairing. Maybe you need to seek help.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
It looks just like any other rocket with an oversize fairing.

That's the problem I have with some rockets. It's the usual boring design. Not something characteristic like the Saturn 1b, Saturn V or Soyuz. But never mind as long as the..., well, rocket, makes it into orbit.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Aha. Sooo characteristic. Even the designer said it was just an upscaled Juno II rocket...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can't help it but to me Falcon 9 looks like an overlarge...
As Andy pointed out, this is an extremely common design.

The design to which you compare it is an extremely well-known and proven (over thousands of years) design, so naturally, what better design to use for a rocket which will enter the sky, sheathed in flame, before penetrating the barrier between sky and space and reaching the climax of its orbit, to release its payload into the black?

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
That's the problem I have with some rockets. It's the usual boring design. Not something characteristic like the Saturn 1b, Saturn V or Soyuz. But never mind as long as the..., well, rocket, makes it into orbit.
Yeah, like the wheels on my car are soo boring. If only they were a more characteristic shape - like squares or triangles....

Nice poetry, Hielor.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What is the point of this comment? It looks just like any other rocket with an oversize fairing. Maybe you need to seek help.

He's right, though, it does look like a gigantic dildo.
So do most rockets, though. Apart from possible the shuttle.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com

I bet you'd consider THIS a certain deterioration in the characteristic... It even has some attachments at the back end!

5.jpg

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...which will enter the sky, sheathed in flame, before penetrating the barrier between sky and space and reaching the climax of its orbit, to release its payload into the black

:OMG::OMG: *applause* *jaw fractures from impact on floor*
I don't think I've ever heard a better description of a rocket!!!

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The curious thing is, that now Falcon 9 does exactly what it's likeness is often doing - provides to the public the pleasure of assuming SpaceX is doing progress, but it doesn't do what a rocket is supposed to do - that is, being launched into orbit.

And, isn't discussion of female partner-lack compensators in rocket-related thread means that the thread idling into nothing?

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Being right doesn't mean it adds anything constructive to the conversation...

It's started an amusing debate at the very least.;)

anyway, the analogy between the falcon9 (in these images) and a dildo is pretty good, both are designed to compensate for the lack of something more meaningful.
Luckily spacex is staying away from it's old tactic of blowing hot air everywhere, which i hope means that they are actually coming up with the meaningful thing.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
So, why is Falcon4 taking so long to be launched? It looked like they were racing to get it errected in January, then there was a lot of nothing. So, they were racing to get pictures of it or what? I was under the impression this was a launch vehicle, not a photo op. When in doubt blame the economy...lol.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow. This thread sure took a wierd turn.

I don't think SpaceX is behind schedule, are they? I thought this was a fit check and handling test before outfitting the vehicle for an actual flight some months away, wasn't it?