Spore!

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
I got it yesterday and it was pretty good. Aside from a couple of glitches, the only problem I have had was I did not realize until I got to the store that it was on DVD-ROM (and I do not have DVD-ROM drive). So I had to borrow my sister's computer. Now, she can play it more that I can because she has the right to kick me off her computer. So now, after spending more than $80 on the game, I will have to purchase a DVD-ROM drive (and I am not sure how much that is going to cost).

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
DVD-ROM drive's are verry cheep (you could probably get one for about $20)

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
i want spore SO badly

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
oh and whats the best way to reach the center of the galaxy ?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I got this today :) its good :) buts what the best way to unlock Terra-forming tools
300px-Konami_Code.svg.png
:p
Take your DG and burn retrograde for a few years. :lol:

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Just look at what a mess the Amazon.com page is. I suspect it is the work of one person or a few people because I do not see how 870 out of 944 reviewers gave it one star complaining about the exact same thing.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FKBCX4"]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spore[/ame]

And by the way, since I am not a huge expert in this field, I have one question. Is there such a thing as an external DVD-ROM drive that you can just plug into a USB port?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I got it yesterday and it was pretty good. Aside from a couple of glitches...
Curiously enough, what are they? I haven't found a single reproducible bug yet, yet many people say there are some.

Every third wormhole leads corewards, once you found one that is reasonably close, just rush there, ignoring the chasers.

Just look at what a mess the Amazon.com page is. I suspect it is the work of one person or a few people because I do not see how 870 out of 944 reviewers gave it one star complaining about the exact same thing.
DRM. Justified and crazy. Maybe some kind of protest show, hardly important, since it is an internet shop.

Is there such a thing as an external DVD-ROM drive that you can just plug into a USB port?
There sure is, but they are mostly DVD-RW kind, so the price is round $80+.

mrspacely

Reaction score
hmmm.... i be certain the winds be travelin' 'twards the island of Spore and i shall be setting me pirate ship sail when the time be right... arrrrrr

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
so every third wormhole I find goes closer to the core ? and what interstellar drive should I have ?

-----Posted Added-----

oh and is just over 1,000,000 Pc Close to the center ?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Are they randomly generated once you get to that 'stage'?
Procedurally, not randomly.
That means, there is a seed system - a few numbers and equations, that are propagated to create a huge environment.
So, that pattern of 500000 or so stars only takes some few kilobytes of space to store.

The galaxy in Spore is one and the same on all copies of the game. Finer details, like player-made planets and destroyed planets are copy-specific, and i don't know whether aliens and creatures are spread similarily.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
ok so can some one tell me how do I get to the center ? I am very close but all the stars are to far apart so how do I do it ? i have the 4 propulsion system thing

EDIT: 700 Post!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
There sure is, but they are mostly DVD-RW kind, so the price is round $80+.

A little late there, but I did find a DVD-ROM drive that was pretty affordable today (includes a CD burner that I will probably never use!). Unfortunately, I will have to open up my computer to install it. So if I never post again, you will know it did not go so well! :lol:

-----Posted Added-----

Well, my new DVD-ROM drive works fine but now when I tried to run Spore, it says that my graphics card is incompatible. This game is getting expensive considering how many upgrades to my computer that I will need.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Well, my new DVD-ROM drive works fine but now when I tried to run Spore, it says that my graphics card is incompatible. This game is getting expensive considering how many upgrades to my computer that I will need.

Just curious, but what's your graphics card?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Integrated graphics isn't great for playing games. You can get a decent one for about $70. If it's a laptop, then you're pretty much boned.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
So when am I going to see a delta glider ufo?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
So when am I going to see a delta glider ufo?

The closest chance you'll get to seeing one is if you actually make one, otherwise it's statistically improbable.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Integrated graphics isn't great for playing games. You can get a decent one for about $70. If it's a laptop, then you're pretty much boned.

Good thing I do not have a laptop! But at $70, I might have to leave Spore on the shelf for a while. I will check some stores tommorrow. If I am lucky, I might find something for a reduced price (much like the DVD-ROM drive I bought today).