Advanced Question Starship Weaponry

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My schooling is none of your business! I'm in chemistry right now as well as Algebra 1! As for my simulator, I will finish it! Creation is a well proven fact for how the Earth was formed. For my simulator, I will finish it if I have to abort my other projects to do it. In fact, I may just do that. Starting with Orbiter! I don't need any other simulators for a reference, I'll get the data I need myself and I know exactly where to get it. And I am not answering any more questions here.

dude-wait-what.jpg

ThatGuy

Reaction score
My schooling is none of your business! I'm in chemistry right now as well as Algebra 1!

This explains quite a bit. You might want to wait until you take a more advanced physics class or two, and maybe calculus, before create a realistic simulator.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For writing a physics simulator (Or any game more complex than a jump and run), somebody should at least be able to use a RK4 algorithm...

TCR_500

Making my own racing simulator.
Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
My simulator is designed for racing, but it can an will be used for flight just about anywhere. It will use a planet's mass to deturmine the gravity, and the air will flow over an object just like it does in real life. There will be no need to try to place tire grooves on the runways or race tracks. They will form based on where the vehicle is, it's velocity, angle parrallell to that velocity, and how much of the vehicles weight is actually on the ground.

By the way, I haven't dropped any of my projects yet. But before I go any further, I'm goint to attempt to make a pluggin for Orbiter. This plugin will measure airspeed in knots, altitude in feet, and virticle speed in feet per minute. Those are the units I'm most familior with.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
My simulator is designed for racing, but it can an will be used for flight just about anywhere. It will use a planet's mass to deturmine the gravity, and the air will flow over an object just like it does in real life. There will be no need to try to place tire grooves on the runways or race tracks. They will form based on where the vehicle is, it's velocity, angle parrallell to that velocity, and how much of the vehicles weight is actually on the ground.

How can it be designed for anything when it does not exist?

By the way, I haven't dropped any of my projects yet. But before I go any further, I'm goint to attempt to make a pluggin for Orbiter. This plugin will measure airspeed in knots, altitude in feet, and virticle speed in feet per minute. Those are the units I'm most familior with.

*Plug-in
*Vertical
*Familiar

For the love of god, spell check.

Oh, and that addon already exists - [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=369"]FlightInstMFD for Imperial air travel units[/ame]

Nerull

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Solving fluid dynamics in real time? Are you writing a PhD thesis on it too?

This stuff is so far beyond Algebra 1 that I don't think you've got any idea what you are actually claiming.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I shake the bigger trees.

Are we done yet with nonsense boasting and bashing, and get to work? If he thinks he can create the ultimate simulation, let him do it, and prove himself. And of course, permit us the loud laughing if he again posts the output of the Visual Studio project wizards as some sort of impressive start of his project. It is not.

One step can be used for running 100m in record time, or for getting into bed.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
...It will use a planet's mass to deturmine the gravity...

*Determine

Eighth grade math and science does not, a simulator, make. Do you even know how to find gravity?

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
I suspected that someone might have beaten me to the punch. Which I don't mind. And, sometimes I use spellcheck and sometimes I don't. But don't correct my spelling if I don't use it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
If you are writing this all powerful, super simulator then it helps to get the typing correct in both the application and the documentation.

You have designed exactly one form and that had two spelling errors. Not a good start.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
TCR_500, one question, please answer frankly:
Did you try crushing some sugar with a glass in the dark?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Yes, come here and talk rubbish about creationism and show us a single C++ form with more spelling errors than actual code.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Crushing sugar would be a waste of my time. I have other things to do.
And so you shown that you will never do a single creative thing in your life.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Crushing sugar would be a waste of my time. I have other things to do.

Possible. But in case you have hope: In producing hot air and vaporware, other people have far better skills.

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
Like anyone would try to use sugar to put a space craft into space. There is no reason why I should crush sugar and you haven't given me any reasons to do so. And I want this topic locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.